Fashion – Reflection Dynamiks
In fashion today we have an awesome group coming from Queens, New York by the name of Reflection Dynamiks! Relax as we get to know Reflection Dynamiks more and how they started with their brand!
Clothing line name: Reflection Dynamiks
City/ State: Queens, New York
Established date: May,2010
Price range for clothing: $36 and up
– Official Website: www.reflectiondynamiks.com
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reflection-Dynamiks-Clothing/139515906096365#!/
So tell us about yourself and your brand?
– Reflection Dynamiks is lifestyle brand that celebrates artistic creativity. This brand is about all types of artistic expression. We offer a range of different style tees, hoodies and cardigans that use graphics to bring attention to various art forms from music to graphic design and beyond.
How did you come up with the name?
– Reflection Dynamiks has a two part meaning. Reflection is fairly straight forward. The things you wear are a reflection of who you are. Dynamiks. We believe ‘our people’ are eclectic and have a wide range of interests particularly in the arts, we believe these people are “dynamic.” What I mean by this is that they don’t fit into a box; they cannot be defined by conventional nomenclature. We are not hipsters, we are not trendy, we not stylish, we are not rockers and yet we are all of these things.’ our people’ take elements from all of these defined labels and design styles and make it uniquely their own.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
– Fashion is not reinventing the wheel rather a small group of innovators look back on what has done mixing and matching elements to create a style that reflects who they are. Fashion to these people is not about what’s in but rather an expression. These are Our People and the goal of our line, is to be an element within their canvas.
What influenced you to start this line?
– I approach the graphics on my T- shirt as a piece of fine art when I first began this I thought I just wanted to be part of the graphic community and as I struggled to find my own voice I began to realize that what was going on these shirt were more than just simple graphics but rather was the dissemination of fine arts to the masses. This idea inspired me and gave vision for my company that is why when I start any of my pieces, I start by acquiring the right artist. My inspiration is to bring great art to as many people as I can.
How is your brand different from others out there?
– We strive in delivering garments with high quality printing usually done with water based inks. We don’t cut corners or eliminate colors on a design to reduce cost, if we pursuit it, we get it done. We are passionate about what we do. We look at Modern Art on clothing as a replacement of the canvas to display artistic expression, that is the value we share with our people, we don’t just throw meaningless graphics and call it art. All of our designs are created with a specific connection to our brand, to our values and believes but don’t insert full description of graphics since we feel that art is subjective and we leave to the people to interpret it in their own way but understand that there’s always a thought and an idea behind a design.
Our brand is not just about making tees, as said before we are all about self-expression, being liberal. We will only be influenced by what we like by what we want to do, without being afraid of going against the trends. We leave trends for the money hungry corporate entities. We won’t be robotic; we want to expand our community by standing true to our commitments and being there on a personal level with ‘our people.’
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
– Everything is a lot harder than what you expected to be when you start out. It’s been a crazy ride.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
– Word of mouth has been the most effective.
Are there any future plans for your line?
– Our goal is to grow into a full lifestyle brand with a full range of product because to a true artists their entire life is an expression of who they are. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run stay up on our blog and be part of the community, watch us crawl help us walk and someday you may see us run.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
– We appreciate the opportunity you guys have given us to let people know what we are all about.
Any last shout outs?
– Fkn-famous and Jerry.
This article is sponsored by:
1 Comment › Leave yours
- Reflection Dynamiks Updates » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.reflectiondynamiks.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/02/fashion-reflection-dynamiks/ [...]