FKN Exclusive – Anna Lisa
Holding it down for the ladies in the music industry we have a local from the Bay by the name of Anna Lisa! Our newest FKN Exclusive. Don’t forget to check out her new single “Bad Girl”.
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- I’m Crazy! I emphasize on the word “crazy” so much because I believe that’s the first impression I give people. Only because I’m extremely energetic, and when I converse with people, it literally looks like I’m in love with them. And usually I AM! I love people, and meeting new faces. The phenomenal part about performing I’m constantly surrounded by people who I get to entertain. I started out my music experience by being a beauty queen. Pageants were always a place where I can practice confidence, stage presence, and communication skills and improve my overall talent. In 2009 when I was Miss San Mateo County, I competed in the Miss California Pageant. That 9-day competition gave me the reassurance of what path I wanted to do with my music. Performing during the talent segment, I had epiphany that I wasn’t in pageants for the crown, but to be on stage. And I asked myself why I wanted to be on stage. I concluded that I wanted to be a recording artist. I wanted to share who I am through my music and my performance. And I’m doing! I continue doing what I love (music) while balancing my last semester at school with 27UNITS! A random fact? Although I’m the most girly girl you can imagine, I absolutely LOVE BASKETBALL! (you’re looking at the Mercy SF Freshman MVP ’07!)
What inspired you to start singing?
- I started singing at 7 years old because my dad was tired of hearing me hum. One day he told me to stop humming and to sing. Although I had such a confused face, he introduced me to celine dion’s “Power of love” on repeat, and next thing you know it I was “singing.” I fell in love with artists such as whitney Houston, and Celine Dion. Then when Britney spears came out into the music industry that’s when I knew I wanted to not only be a singer but a “entertainer.” I continued my passion of performing and started to vocally idolize Christina Aguliera. Her style of pop music was what I wanted to share with my audience.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- I’m currently starting to make my way into the music industry and I believe my biggest challenge is getting a large amount of people to notice me as an artist.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Best ways to promote myself would be performing everywhere and anywhere. I started to do pageants only to be able to perform on stage and showcase my musical talents. It helped me promote myself with the asian media by traveling with one of the famous bands named, “The Tranz.” Tweeting, facebooking and selling my music on itunes seem to show more promotional assets to my music.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- My MOST memorable moment while singing was when I won Miss Talent 2007 in the Miss Asian American Pageant. It was the very first time trying out for a pageant, and the first time performing “Ain’t no other man” By Christina A. With this talent piece I did, I decided to do the “moonwalk” in heels, and make choreography that would utilize the big stage at The palace of fine Arts. I remember before the lights and the first note to the song went on, I recalled my dad saying to me “it’s showtime.” The beginning of my performance I gave my all to the very end. I felt that every single atom (I’m going a little scientific) in my body was energized to give it my all. I performed like it was my first and last day. It was incredible and I knew that right after my performance and I got crowned, I earned it. I earned every rhinestone on that “Miss Talent” crown.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- I have many goals, and ironically I continue to have a longer list. But my main goal with my music is for my audience to increase and to acknowledge that I not only want to perform for them but I absolutely adore performing for them. As I one day accomplish that goal, I hope to achieve my goal of being an unstoppable international pop star. I know I set goals real high, only because I know they’re not impossible to accomplish.
What can we expect from you in the future? Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- I’ve been working really hard to invest and produce quality music so my audience can expect my upcoming Music Video for my single “Bad Girl” soon, more shows and of course my album that will be releasing before the summer. It’s an album that briefly shares diversity of my vocal styles. Pop music today has a different sound, and my album shares the old, and new style of pop music. I’m completely excited to share!
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- I think FKN Famous is a great online site that helps deliver an opportunity for upcoming models, artists, singers etc to showcase who they are, and their talent. It’s awesome that a company like FKN Famous is giving a helping hand to artists who strive to get out their all in this competitive world. I’m honored to have that opportunity.
Any last shout outs?
- I want to say Thank you to Jasef (JCphotography) & my producer Jricz who have stood by me throughout my music-producing journey. Without them, I would literally have no songs recorded! They basically jumpstarted my music career. And of course my best friend Janan Barance, since 3rd grade, when I was “trying” to sing like whitney Houston, she believed in me and continues to. Thank you to FKN Famous for being so AWESOME for featuring me. I can’t thank you enough.
Photo credits to the awesome photographers :
- Basic Lee Photography & JJ Casas
This article is sponsored by: