FKN Exclusive – Chelsea Gabrielle
You may have seen her you numerous videos such as Linkin Park’s newest “Burning In The Skies” & DEVs “Bass Down Low”. Now FKN Famous brings you a FKN Exclusive with the young and talented Chelsea Gabrielle.
Artist Name: Chelsea Gabrielle
City/State: Los Angeles, CA
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- I started out modeling and acting when I was a kid. My grandfather is an owner of Special Effects Unlimited. They have done the special Effects for Movies such as , Forest Gump, Pirates of the Carribean, Apocalypse Now , the list goes on and on. So being around that kind of energy growing up really influenced me on becoming so interested in the Entertainment business. I started modeling and have been successful at that and have recently made more of a transition into acting. Acting is what I ultimately want to do. I recently became a member of SAG and that was a dream come true. Right now I am focusing on my album. My first single ‘’Come Over Here’’ was released in December. I really have fallen in love with being able to make music. I have always loved to sing and being able to have a record deal and pursue what I have always loved as a hobby and make it into a career is just really amazing.
What inspired you to start singing?
- I have always loved to sing. I grew up singing in different church bands here and there. One night I went to the studio with my friend Chani Christie who is also my cast mate on’’ The Real Teens of Hollywood’. Doug and Jackie Christie ( NBA power couple) have a record label ‘’Jean Rah Fya Records’’ and so I was in the studio, I wrote a song and was messing around. Word got back to them. A few weeks later they called and asked if I would like to be signed to their Record Label. I was really ecstatic and signed the deal, and recorded my first single ‘’Come Over Here’’. I continue to record for my album which should be out later this year.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- This industry is definitely always challenging. In every way. It is full of rejection and a lot of times people don’t realize that. There are a lot of challenges in rejection itself. A challenge I have to face every day is being OK with it and coming out on top. You can’t take what people say too personal. You just have to rise above it.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Twitter and Facebook have helped a lot in promoting myself. I do a lot of red carpets and different events to try to get my name out there. I find the more you reach out to people, the better it is. Of course doing interviews with great people like FKN Famous helps too!
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- I think it would just be recording for the first time. I have been very spoiled where I have been able to record. My Single ‘’Come Over Here’’ I got to record at The Boom Boom Room. Which is Will Smiths studio. Just to be in that studio and to know that some of the greatest artist have recorded their platinum records and number 1 hits there. It is very humbling. I am very blessed.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- Absolutely. I want to be successful with my music. I want to have a number 1 single. I want to win an Oscar. I have every intention of making those things happen. I am working my hardest right now to build an Empire. Chelsea Gabrielle isn’t just my name. I am making it a brand. So everything I do is towards branding myself. I want to be successful at what I do. I want to do it all. Fashion is something I am very involved in and I plan on coming out with my own line. The possibilities are endless.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- SO much stuff! Of course more music and my album! I have a show coming out called ‘’The Real Teens of Hollywood’ which is being produced by Dick Clark Productions The Cast Includes Ice Marrow ( Son of Ice-T) Chani Christie ( daughter of NBA star Doug Christie) Austin Anderson ( Nickelodeons Victorious) Hwood City ( Socialite) Nesa Kovacs and myself ( granddaughter of Gabe Videla – owner Special Effects Unlimited). It is a Reality show about our lives. A few of us coming from family in the industry and trying to make it on our own. Most people think we have been handed everything. But we have worked for what we have. It just really show us on our everyday grind of trying to establish a name for ourselves and building our own personal empires. A song for the show is coming out that will be the theme song. Which was really fun for me because I got to rap on the song. I think it will show people a different side of me. I hope to incorporate some more rapping on my album as well. I have some Motion Picture and Television projects in the works right now as well. Of course you can see me pop up here and there with different appearances TV shows including CSI-NY, Retired at 35, 90210 etc. And my new commercial for American Crew Men’s Hair care.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- Yes my debut Album will be out later this year. Definitely going to be a fun album with a lot of energy. I don’t yet have a set date but I will be sure to let you know!
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- I think you guys are dope! I think it’s a totally cool opportunity you give new artist like myself to let the world know a little more about us.
Any last shout outs?
- Look for more music coming out and some music Collabs with my boyfriend Mikealis who is a hip hop artist www.soundcloud.com/mikealis.
This article is sponsored by: