Fashion – Invizible Box
In fashion today we have an awesome group coming from Hayward, California & Los Angeles, California by the name of Invizible Box! Relax as we get to know Invizible Box more and how they started with their brand!
Clothing Line Name: Invizible Box
City/State: Hayward, California/Los Angeles, California
Established Date: November 26, 2010
Price Range for Clothing: $25-$45
Where to buy clothing: www.inviziblebox.com/products
About ourselves and our brand.
- We’re Mikey and Mickey: a boyfriend and girlfriend partnership, and despite the taboo of working with another person – even more so a spouse – we work perfectly in sync. Invizible Box is the manifestation of our ideals and a representation of our artistic growth. We hope that, through the message and story of Invizible Box, we can inspire our generation to harness their inner creativity and not be afraid to show it.
How did you come up with the name?
- Honestly? A whim. The combination of the words “invisible box” struck us as an appealing name, and also coincidentally represented our philosophy spot on. To create an identity out of these words, we chose to alter the spelling to “Invizible Box”. This way, we’re not confused with any ol’ invisible boxes, and again coincidentally, “z” is our favorite letter. Anyway, when you say “invisible” the “z” sound is produced naturally, yes? Meant to be.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Our line is based on “concept designing”. We take ideas, emotions, and even jokes and translate them into artwork. With this, you’re guaranteed a shirt that’s not only original, but meaningful too. Our shirts are targeted to no specific group: we believe our philosophy can reach those from all walks of life.
What influenced you to start this line?
- We influenced each other to start this project. We both had specific talents; Mikey as a graphic designer, Mickey as a fashion designer, but we weren’t really being productive on our own. Together we combined our skills and our similar dreams and pow! Invizible Box was born, and we’re so much more productive now more than ever.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- We value quality over quantity. Our products are made in the U.S. using the highest quality screen printing techniques and are sold at a limited quantity. Beyond the physical aspects of our brand, we’re putting our philosophy to practice. We’re living drug and alcohol-free lives, working hard, and THINKING INSIDE. In other words, we don’t let the world influence us, but we hope to inspire those around us. Also, a successful business between spouses is rarely seen, and we hope to surpass this expectation and show that working with a loved one is possible. More about our philosophy and our business practices can be found at inviziblebox.com/about.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Of course, it wouldn’t be any fun if there weren’t challenges. It was difficult making every creative idea into reality, but we’ve succeeded so far. It’s just Mikey and Mickey here, no one else. This means that we’ve taken every singly aspect of our company into our own hands and have had to learn new and confusing things on our own (i.e. web designing, licensing, advertising, etc.). But then again, despite the hardships, this is what we love to do so it doesn’t seem like work anyway.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- We value word of mouth over anything; we’re not the type to promote ourselves by “yelling on top of a building” so to speak. Our shirts attract attention and pose a question: “why invizible box?” Those who are curious look for answers and find us. Besides this, we’re thankful to have a network of friends who support us every step of the way.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Well in the immediate future we’ll be selling at our first event in Las Vegas on March 19, 2011. We’re expanding our company to Los Angeles, California, where Mickey is studying at The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. After she graduates we intend to incorporate actual garments into our brand besides printed t-shirts.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Well we’ve come across your website before and are honored that you contacted us to be featured. Your website is very organized and professional and we look forward to continual business with you.
Any last shout outs?
- Mikey shouts out to Mickey, his younger brother Christopher, older sister Evelyn, his favorite cousin Julian, his best friend Brian, and his parents. Mickey shouts out to Mikey, Joban, Bro Montana, the Roxas/Sison/Spiers/Sobingsobing Clans, and all our wonderful representatives and supporters.
This article is sponsored by:
2 Comments › Leave yours
- Invizible Box Fall Preview » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.inviziblebox.com/ - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/03/fashion-invizible-box/ [...]