Fashion – Billionaires Apparel
In fashion today we have an awesome group coming from Charlotte, NC by the name of Billionaires Apparel! Relax as we get to know Billionaires Apparel more and how they started their brand!
Clothing line name: Billionaires Apparel
City / State: Charlotte, NC
Established Date: September, 2010
Price Range for Clothing: Up to $20
Where to buy your clothing: www.billionairesapparel.com
So tell us about yourself and your brand / How did you come up with the name?
- Billionaires Apparel is a small t-shirt brand based out of Charlotte, NC that specifically focuses on the rave and Electronica scene. We’re really passionate about the music and the people, so all of our designs are really an outlet for us to promote something we love and the amazing community behind it. Back in 2006, we were just a couple of friends looking to put on events in the steadily dwindling Charlotte Electronica scene. At first, we didn’t have a name. We just did what we loved without branding ourselves. Eventually the time came when we needed to have a name to associate our events with. At first we went with “Billionaires Beer,” a name that really held no meaning but was chosen based on an inside joke between the four of us. As we began to see our fan base grow, we decided it was time to make our little outfit a business. We dropped the “Beer” from the name and stuck with, “Billionaires.” The name, however, has evolved to become fairly ironic. We’re not billionaires, nor do we care about making money. We’re in this because we love the community, the scene, and the people who are a part of it. The reason we sell tees is because we want to contribute to this culture and offer up our creative perspectives.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Our line can really be summed up with one word, passion. We’re very passionate about this scene and this city. We’re fronting all of the money and time we can to build this brand and promote something we love. Our aim is to capture the attention of those out there who love electro and independent brands.
What influenced you to start this line?
- I’m a designer by trade (www.huntergraphics.org) and have been especially fascinated with tee design and brands like Johnny Cupcakes, Benny Gold, Electric Zombie, and Bathing Ape for several years now. Early last year I really began to consider mixing my passion for design and Electronica by creating an apparel brand. It’s a pretty scary thing starting a brand though, with all of the other start-ups out there. However, because this is something that I love and because of some great feedback and support I received initially, I decided to take the plunge.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- I think that most brand owners out there are extremely passionate about their particular niche and brand, so that’s not really what sets this brand apart. What truly makes us stand out as a brand is that we target ravers, Djs, and everyone else who loves Electro. No other independent brands are doing that. Another unique attribute of the Billionaires brand is that we put on events every couple of months, called a “Puls,” which is “The rhythmic cure for the mundane beat of an ordinary world.” At these events we really focus on creativity and work hard to come up with interesting ways to transform an ordinary place into a revolutionary dance experience.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- The hardest part is definitely finding the balance between working on the designs for the tees we release, continually engaging with and putting out quality content for our fans and followers through Twitter and Facebook, and maintaining the high levels of networking and promoting that’s necessary to get the brand out there. Though it’s challenging, I’m loving every minute of it!
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Some of the most successful strategies I’ve come across in promoting the brand is to invest a lot into SEO techniques [Search Engine Optimization] and social media. New Media is really the best way to promote nowadays. We’ve also had a lot of our fans and followers promote us organically, via word-of-mouth, which has been really awesome. Our fans are amazing! Definitely couldn’t do this without them!
Are there any future plans for your line?
- If there’s one thing about this brand, it’s that we dream REALLY BIG. Some of our plans are a little ways down the road, but currently we’re in the process of revamping our website and expanding our line to include rave products and gear such as poi, glow, leds, etc. Definitely excited for that. I’m also working feverishly on designs for our line of tees and products we’re aiming to release this summer, which I think will really help set Billionaires apart as a brand. Also looking to sponsor and promote some Dj’s pretty soon so If anyone out there is interested, definitely get in touch!
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Got an email from Jerry, and was really excited to hear about the site and all FKN Famous is doing. Definitely love to hear about and see anyone out there working so hard to promote others within the tee business and giving independent brands like Billionaires exposure. Keep it up! Excited to see where you guys go.
Any last shout outs?
- Want to give a huge shout out to my wife, Jordyn. Couldn’t do this without her support along with all of the support we get from all the hard core Billionaires fans out there. Love you guys!
This article is sponsored by:
0 Comments › Leave yours
- Fkn Famous x Billionaires Apparel » Fkn' Famous - [...] LEGIT LINKS - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ - http://www.facebook.com/billionairesapparel - http://www.facebook.com/fknfamous [...]
- Billionaires x Skullcandy Giveaway » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ [...]
- Billionaires Apparel Skullcandy Giveaway » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - www.billionairesapparel.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ [...]
- Billionaires – Skullcandy Giveaway » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.billionairesapparel.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ [...]
- Billionaires Apparel x Skullcandy » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.billionairesapparel.com - http://www.facebook.com/billionairesapparel - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ [...]
- Billionaires Holiday Giveaway » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.billionairesapparel.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ [...]
- Billionaires Apparel Package » Fkn' Famous - [...] LEGIT LINKS - http://www.billionairesapparel.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/04/fashion-billionaires-apparel/ [...]