Fashion – Javaboi Industries Inc.
Bringing in all the newest lines and fashion daily, we have an exclusive feature with a group based out of Canoga Park, Ca by the name of “Javaboi Industries Inc.”. Relax as we get to know Javaboi Industries Inc. more and how they started their brand!
Clothing line name: Javaboi Industries Inc.
City / State: Canoga Park, Ca
Established date: Aug 1, 2010 Incorporated
Price range for clothing: $20.00
Where to buy your clothing: www.javaboiindustries.com
So tell us about yourself and your brand?
- Eric Anthony Johnson, was born in Pomona California surrounded by poverty, gangs, drug activity and violence. He decided at an early age that he would not be a product of his environment. Instead he found himself doing things to stay away from the negativity of the world that surrounded him. He took on basketball as a hobby and though he was not a star player he loved the fact that it kept him busy. Graduating from Claremont High School in 1996 he discovered very fast that like several other successful entrepreneurs (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell) that college was not for him. Pressured by many relatives to go back he decided that he wanted to do whats best for him, and although the constant ridicule was somewhat annoying he knew that they had good intentions. Later on in life he started to realize that freedom was a goal worth fighting for. Meaning, the pursuit of independence both financially and physically was the only thing that he wanted for him and his now growing family. A few half ass’d attempts at entrepreneurship later, he went back to the drawing board after acquiring some well sought knowledge from mentors, and created a character that was both fun and cute which he learned was important when dealing with retail. The character evolved with time and an early copyright. He designed the character based on two things. The love of a commodity, and hotness! Javaboi the logo and character, and Javaboi Industries was born and incorporated in August of 2010. Eric also known as Javaboi, advises that the love for coffee is definitely not a prerequisite for his brand. He has created something new based on the commodity that millions of people crave, desire and must have. It’s not rocket science at all its Java. Javaboi Industries Inc is a brand that designs products based on the Javaboi character and creates coffee inspired novelties directly connected to our company culture. Javaboi Industries Incorporated
How did you come up with the name?
- I was called java boy when I worked 2 full time jobs because I was always by the coffee pot at both jobs.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Between the ages of 15 and 40, Coffee Lovers, and people who are into trendy products. My brand is often called a more coed version of Hello Kitty. I have also heard the new Paul Fank or Johnny Cupcakes.
What influenced you to start this line?
- Johnny Cupcakes! Straight up! I get sick of all the brands who start because of him and have designs that clearly show JC’s inspiration with out paying homage to him. I blast him every chance I get. He is my motivation and anything that he has influenced I put it out there and get his permission prior to doing so.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Though Johnny Cupcakes influences me, I keep my personality embedded in everything I put out. There are a lot of “Coffee Tee Shirts” out there but no BRANDS like Javaboi. Quality is first, and experience is second. Add creativity to the mix and you got Javaboi Industries. All of or Coffee Tee Shirts/ Java Shirts come in real coffee bags. I contacted a coffee vendor who manufacture’s coffee real coffee packaging and it took me a few times to explain that coffee would not be going int the bags. LOL!
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes I got laid off from AIG in 2009 but I was living below my means so I was able to use the Unemployment to build my brand… It’s funny how things work out because after I copyrighted, trademarked, built my fan base and had most of my products produced over the course of 2 years, a company called thecashflow.com came and gave me a grant for 10k$ with out taking a stake out of my company. They also gave me mentoring and an amazing amount of support. Read about it here http://www.javaboifresh.com/blog/my-story/
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Sending freebies to video bloggers and tshirt bloggers, in addition to being nice to my Javaboi Boys and Javaboi Girls (my fanbase) doing things out of the ordinary like hand written notes etc : http://www.javaboifresh.com/blog/07/joelle-salviati-talks-about-how-she-became-a-javaboi-girl-coffee-tee-shirts/
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Just building it day by day. My role model company is Sanrio Inc so I hope to be as successful with them one day. Then I can truly give back to those who supported me on the way to the top. Sandals, Sleepwear, Bedding, Coffee equipment, Gloves, School supplies, Laptop covers, Stickers, etc.. The possibilities are endless because Javaboi our company icon has cuteness embedded in his design!
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I was contacted after they saw my product online and originally I thought they were just another blogger company because I get like 25 emails daily, but after viewing their extremely professional website I was like HELL YEAH this company is awesome! Much love FKN Famous!
Any last shout outs?
- 100UrbanEntrepreneurs.com, soniahunt.com Johnny Cupcakes, Ugmonk, WALK INDUSTRIES, James Cavanaugh and Paula Vasquez Meeks, Kandee Johnson, Shama Kabani, Tony Hsieh, Success Magazine, Wendy and David Bentley, Valentine Rudi (for using her international connections to start multiple fan pages in other Countries) and all of my Javaboi Boys and Javaboi Girls, and Natasha and the U.S.C licensing staff for giving me a chance to get licensed.
This article is sponsored by: