Fashion – Hungry Lifestyle
Bringing in all the newest lines and fashion daily, we have an exclusive feature with a group based out of Adelaide, Australia by the name of “Hungry Lifestyle”. Relax as we get to know Hungry Lifestyle more and how they started their brand!
Clothing Line: Hungry Lifestyle
City: Adelaide, Australia
Price Range: $20 – $60 AUS.
Where to buy: Hungry Lifestyle Shop @ www.hungrylifestyle.bigcartel.com
Tell us about your brand?
- We are an Independent Australian brand that delivers a unique style of clothing to the public, we offer tees, singlets and jumpers as of the moment, and are expanding into new products every season. We also have a blog which I would say is the ‘Lifestyle’ part of it, which features daily/weekly posts of music/street fashion & design.
How did you come up with the name?
- The name Hungry was basically chosen due to just standing out to anything else really, it is known as ‘Hungry’ or ‘Hungry Lifestyle’, but we had to name it ‘Hungry Lifestyle’ cause know one can really own the name ‘Hungry’ can they? haha.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Hungry isn’t your normal everyday graphics you’ll find on majority of brands out there, we like to keep it bold, bright and fun with specializing in character design for majority of our collections as well as offering a range of simple graphics for those who prefer the more timeless appearance.
What influenced you to start this line?
- Really was just not a fan of the clothing thats available in Australia, we really lack a lot in the street scene, Melbourne is where it’s at for the ‘Streetwear Fashion’ style I would say, but unfortunately Adelaide has nothing to offer, and if you do find good gear in Australia it’s normally $70 for a tee, so I wanted to create a brand that’s unique and fun at an affordable price for everyone to enjoy.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Always, it’s not the easiest to get sales and turn over a profit within a short amount of time from a business perspective. Getting new lines out in time for Seasons is also a big challenge, but I got the Winter 2011 Line out a month before the season Winter even starts so it’s good to be on time!
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Social Networking has defiantly been my number one help for promoting, as well as a lot of Dj’s around Adelaide wearing Hungry, and mainly really just the fans is what has made it grow.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- We have goodies line up for the future so stay tuned!
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I think you guys have a great site going, it’s nice to see brands like yourself helping others out and spreading the word in not only Fashion but a wide range of industries.
Any last shout outs?
- A big shout out to everyone who has a Hungry piece in their wardrobe, they are the ones who are allowing me to keep me doing what I love, so big love goes back to them all. Also my friends Jake, Jaz, Laura and Sean for helping with the Winter’11 Lookbook which came out great.
This article is sponsored by: