Fashion – Remuse Collective
Holding it down in the indie fashion industry we get in contact with another awesome group. Here is our exclusive interview with the up & coming brand out of Philadelphia, PA by the name of “Remuse Collective”. Relax as we get to know Remuse Collective more and how they started their brand!
Clothing line name: Remuse Collective
City/State: Philadelphia, PA
Established Date: We technically did a “test run” sort of thing back in June of 2009. This is our first, legitimate “line” so to say. So, the idea was established in 2009 but this line that basically marks the beginning would be deemed as July 2011.
Price Range: All tee’s are $20.00
Where to buy your clothing: www.remusecollective.com
So tell us about your brand.
- Remuse, is an artist collective brand offering a series of quality, sweat-shop free products released seasonally. Hailing from the outskirts of Philadelphia, Remuse inspires the pondering of every day life both subliminally and direct. We represent a lifestyle, challenging daily beliefs.We promote and encourage the awareness of our quickly declining society through our though-provoking art work. Explore the unknown, expose the truth.
How did you come up with the name?
- You know, while I was brainstorming names, I wanted to come up with something original yet still carried some meaning. I see a lot of brand with common words with “apparel” or “clothing” thrown after them and it had always struck me as boring. Remuse was actually a combination of the the words, rebirth and muse. Together meaning, to bring forth a source of inspiration. I honestly wrote down about a good 100 key words and spent time mixing them together to come up with something unique and fitting.
What were you doing before launching Remuse?
- Before Remuse and currently, I still work in warehousing. Being young, majority of my money goes to bills so any leftover money I make i dump right back into Remuse along with any company money. I want to re-invest until Remuse is fully stable on it’s own without any outside funding.
When did you begin thinking of launching your own clothing brand?
- Right after I graduated High school. Roughly around June of 2009.
What best describes your line and who is it targeted too?
- Independent artist collective would probably describe us best. I think putting any sort of label on your brand limits you so i wouldn’t claim us to be street wear, or indie per se. Our target audience usually consists of anyone with similar views as to what we represent. Anyone who agree’s our society and moral ethics are slowly disappearing. Tattoo enthusiasts, extreme sports enthusiasts and generally anyone who enjoys art.
How is your brand different then others out there?
- Our brand carries a message in every piece. Every design we release has a deeper meaning that coincides with our overall message and view of spreading awareness about our society and encouraging people to explore and dig deeper as to what the media tells us and more so, what life has to offer. I’m aiming to create a community of like mind individuals. I want our customers to share the same views as we do and let them know this brand is as much as theirs as it is mine.
Are there any challenges you face while running a business?
- Oh yeah. Finances are at the top and probably will remain there for awhile. There’s a lot of things we would love to do that we cant at the time due to financial restrictions. Also, I’ve noticed deadlines can be challenging. I’ve realized early planning is the best bet. You never know how long someone you commission will take doing a service for you. Also, retail. Lots of large scale retail are hesitant on taking a risk on new business due to the small following and “newness” a freshly released brand such as Remuse faces. It’s merely a time restraint.
What ways do you find promoting your brand work?
- The local scene has helped me out a ton with marketing. Generally word of mouth has been the best outlet and probably will remain that way. All the blogs that have reached out in support has also been a huge help also.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Yes! We have a ton if the works right now. Currently, we’re gearing up for our winter release. Our future plans involve more retail stockists, collaborations, events. We also plan on branching out to do more cut and sew (woven flannels, etc.). Cut and sew will be our next big venture that we’re eager to begin working on.
How did you hear about us? and what do you think of us?
- We discovered FKN FAMOUS thanks to a write up or friend Chaz over at Vicious History was in. We LOVE the site. New daily read for fashion and music for us…very hyped to have discovered =].
Any Last shout outs?
- Big shout out to FKN FAMOUS for doing a killer interview and having us apart of the FKN FAMOUS family, Zane over at Phoenix Fire Creative, Taylor McCutchan, Joe Stylez, H2-0 music, derisory designs, our boys over at Swallows And Daggers, Vicious History, and all of our amazing customers who support our vision.
This article is sponsored by:
0 Comments › Leave yours
- Remuse Collective Package » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.remusecollective.com/ - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/09/fashion-remuse-collective/ [...]
- Remuse Collective Package 2 » Fkn' Famous - [...] For more information on this product please visit : http://fkn-famous.com/2011/09/fashion-remuse-collective/ [...]