FKN Exclusive – BTS
It’s FKN Famous Fridays, an you know what we love doing best! We love bringing you up & coming talent from all over the world. Today we’ve got an awesome group coming from Los Angeles, California by the name of “Balance and the Traveling Sounds”. Learn how it all started for Balance and the Traveling Sounds, as well listen to one of their newest tracks an watch their latest music video!
Group Name: Balance and the Traveling Sounds
City/State: Los Angeles, California
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Balance And The Traveling Sounds combine a variety of musical tastes, cultural backgrounds, eclectic grooves and lush harmonies to create an innovative, captivating and addicting sound accessible by any music enthusiast. This powerhouse of soul, funk, jazz and hip-hop-inspired grooves is composed of seven diverse musicians from a variety of metropolises up and down the Golden Coast . Comprised of producer EBO, MC KIRB, vocalist Mike Eddie, drummer Julian Hogan, saxophonist Jeff Kolhede, guitarist Ryan Kern, and bass guitarist Scott Fulton.
What inspired you to start pursuing music?
- We all have the same passion and love to create something that is unique and different. We are not fans of disposable music and want to create something worth listening to. We want to inspire people the way musical greats (James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Tupac, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley etc.) have inspired other people.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- I think starting out everyone deals with shady promoters. We have never had anyone tell us what to do so its been a learning process. Sometimes having a big group can be difficult at times working on songs and agreeing on certain things.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Our live performance YouTube videos have opened lots of doors for us and has gotten us a lot of exposure. We have been able to grow our fan base outside of United States without every playing in other countries. The blogs have acted like radio stations and have gotten us a lot of new fans as well. Also Facebook and Twitter have been great to keep in touch with our fans and updating them.
What would be your most memorable moment ?
- Our show in San Francisco at the Milk Bar. We had a packed house and the energy and crowd was super hyped. Ryan ended the show with an amazing guitar solo that we will always remember. That show was definitely a turning point for our group.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- To be able to travel the world and share our music.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- Being more creative and consistently challenging ourselves.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- We just released the “Departure EP” which is available to download for FREE off our website btscentral.com. We are working on our full length album “Travel Guide Vol 2″
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- We think FKN Famous is an awesome website. The website is similar to our music as we want to combine genres of music, influences, and cultures together. That what it seems your website is all about combining cultures and ideas together for something unique and different. We love it..
Any last shout outs?
- We want to shout out all our fans and family that have supported us. It truly means the world to us. We also want to shout out all the blogs, radio stations, websites, etc that have featured us on their website. Thanks FKN Famous.
This article is sponsored by: