Fashion – Chaplon Clothing
Holding it down in the indie fashion industry we get in contact with another awesome group. Here is our exclusive interview with the up & coming brand out of Houston, Texas by the name of “Chaplon Clothing Company”. Relax as we get to know Chaplon Clothing Company more and how they started their brand!
Clothing line name: Chaplon Clothing Company
City/State: Houston, TX
Established date: November 2007
Price range for clothing: $25-$125
Where to buy your clothing: www.chaplonclothing.com
So tell us about your brand?
- The Chaplon Clothing Company is a fairly new Indie brand that operates on the premise that design should be universal and able to speak across race, creed, gender or the constricting lines of social status. Chaplon Clothing Co. has been recognized as one of the “…exclusive creations from Houston’s best.” (T-Shirt Magazine) Chaplon has also been featured on VH1, MTV as well as the Chicago Tribune and in numerous magazines, blog sites, music videos and live performances. Each garment is carefully contemplated and designed to be classic.
How did you come up with the name?
- The name is a play on my childhood nickname “Chaplin” Edmonson. I was nicknamed after the silent movie star Sir Charlie Chaplin. The idea is to make the name synonymous with classic American design.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- I was a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering major. Huge 180, but that’s how life works sometimes when purpose calls you have to follow your destiny.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- It wasn’t a thought until it happened. I was wearing a shirt I printed with a logo I created and people kept asking for it. Once I realized how much people liked the logo I started exploring other ideas and the brand was launched off that initial success.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- The clothing is a fresh blend of urban and skateboard culture. It fuses classic propaganda and street grit with clean lines, classic designs and an appealing color palette. It has also taken on a new face with cut and sew outwear that is expanding. The brand is targeted towards really anyone 13-35. We work diligently to create pieces that the consumer can wear in several ways with numerous other pieces. Those are always the items that are classic, the ones you can go in your closet and match with everything.
What influenced you to start this line?
- I’ve always loved art and the artistic expression. When I started the line there was a need for a certain type of clothing that I wanted but could not find. So I began creating my own shirts using my abilities in art and design mixed with the style I wanted to wear. It just so happens that when you do what you love people take notice.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Our line differs in that our mission is to create stylish yet timeless clothing that transcends culture while being socially responsible not only by design but in deed. While others will fade classics will never die. We focus on staples and classic themes, colors and ideas. We don’t get caught up on fads and quick fly by night ideas.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Fashion is a demanding business working capital is always a challenge as well as customs.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Fashion blog sites are a great marketing tool for direct to consumer marketing, as well as other social networking sites. They allow us to send out massive amounts of information and keep our fans updated. It really lets us have a presence and reach people in places I have never heard of or been to. The best thing that I have learned in promoting is consistency if people see good work constantly they cant ignore it.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- The line really grows and evolves as I grow. So every season as I mature and grow so does the line in some aspect. We plan on expanding into accessories and adding more classic pieces to our portfolio and to our consumers closets.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I heard about the initial launch through Jerry Rodrigo. I have been checking the site out ever since, it is a dope site with everything. Keep up the great work.
Any last shout outs?
- As always Mike Noel of 3rdNoel Films, Toya Bee, Rhymefest and 9thWonder.
This article is sponsored by:
1 Comment › Leave yours
- Chaplon Clothing – F*ck Fame » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.chaplonclothing.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/11/fashion-chaplon-clothing-company/ [...]