Fashion – The Fresh Clothing
Holding it down in the indie fashion industry we get in contact with another awesome group. Here is our exclusive interview with the up & coming brand out of New Jersey by the name of “The Fresh Clothing”. Relax as we get to know The Fresh Clothing more and how they started their brand!
Clothing line name: The Fresh Clothing
City/State: New Jersey
Established date: Spring 2010
Price range for clothing: $12-35
Where to buy your clothing: www.thefreshclothing.com
So tell us about your brand?
- The Fresh is a punk-inspired clothing brand. Our passion is music so we try to do anything we can to associate ourselves with upcoming artists who we feel are new and fresh, just like us.
How did you come up with the name?
- I was working at a restaurant at the time and wanted to use only one word for its name. The word “fresh” came to mind based on how I wanted the clothes to look and feel. I decided on naming this company “The Fresh” so that people can start using the term “the fresh” in their everyday vocabulary. For example “That song on the radio is the fresh!!!” or “That snapback is the fresh!!!”
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Before launching The Fresh, I was bouncing from job to job, going to school, and playing in bands.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- Winter 2010. It was when my band was about to break up and I wanted to still have some sort of creative outlet. I am lucky enough to have a lot of like minded friends and people around me, so I wanted to promote something that was like a badge of honor. So I figured designing some clothing would be a good idea to achieve that.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- New, hip, and fun. It is targeted towards anyone who is bored with the same old stuff and is looking for something FRESH. You can see someone on a skateboard in The Fresh as well as on stage, in the studio, or at a party.
What influenced you to start this line?
- Brands like Supreme, The Hundreds, Mishka, and Glamour Kills influenced me to start designing street wear. In terms of design, I am mostly influenced by my underground punk rock roots. I grew up going to shows and working at punk venues, so I think that a lot of the t-shirts and merch I came across has translated into my own version of that.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- The Fresh is different because it’s from New Jersey. I’ve been told that people from New Jersey are of a different breed. We have our own style and swag, which comes across in everything we do. While most outsiders only think of the Jersey Shore when NJ is mentioned in conversation, they are very wrong about who we are as a state. New Jersey is full of countless people who support the underground and are constantly looking for the NEW new. We are different because we provide that NEW new.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes, there are challenges everyday. The cliché “expect the unexpected” holds true in this case. What can go wrong will probably go wrong and I’m learning to deal with that as The Fresh grows.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- I rely mostly on word of mouth but also throw parties, events, and release mixtapes showcasing some of my favorite current music. The Fresh and Listen3d.com come together every now and then to throw raves called Freak Show. I also am having an art show this month. All of these things bring people together and expose them to The Fresh.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- More quality clothes, music, events, and parties. I’m just getting started…
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I heard about you guys while looking for some more information on The Hundreds. I like what they do and just so happened to come across your site while googling the Cali brand. I like what you guys do and am glad we are coming together for this feature!
Any last shout outs?
This article is sponsored by:
1 Comment › Leave yours
- The Fresh Clothing Package » Fkn' Famous - [...] FKN LEGIT LINKS - http://www.thefreshclothing.com - http://fkn-famous.com/2011/12/fashion-the-fresh-clothing/ [...]