FKN Exclusive – Dashius Clay
It’s a new week, and of course we’ve got some new talent! Today we have for you a very talented music artist from Miami, Florida by the name of “Dashius Clay”. Get to know “Dashius Clay” a little more and how he came about in the industry.
Artist Name: Dashius Clay
City/State: Miami, FL
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- I am Lion. Hear me roar. Play me back to here me more.
What inspired you to start singing?
- I used to say it was my family, but to be quite honest I’m starting to realize how it was me. I have an obsession with pushing myself to new limits and trying new experiments that when it came to music It became a true addiction. Once I was able to capture everyones attention in High School with it, I was hooked. Who doesn’t love to be admired and adored by their peers and beautiful women? I never been one to really give a fuck about what others think of my music, but the more records I did here and there ended up snowballing into the present.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Every day. Not everyone sees eye to eye because they feel they have your best interest at heart, but yet its still “your” heart so only you can truly understand the views and the messages of each project. I’m overly passionate about every minuscule detail that is connected to me, so you can imagine how wound up i get about something as simple as a period or comma in the wrong place. I feel like all my fans have a really high expectancy of what I bring to the table creatively that my only option is to keep outdoing the previous, and that’s not always as easy as everyone thinks it is.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- For me it was really the remixes we landed this year. The “Black Shades At Night” Mixtape had so many features and remixes with big name artists that it landed me in a variety of spots. I was able to show what I do without compromising who I am and I think that message was really relayed as an entirety on that project. Aside from that, I have to give a lot of credit to the visuals we give with everything. I love to make it a full experience from top to bottom.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- They really all are so much fun that Its kind of difficult to pick just one. Sarcazm always brings up a show at 90 Degrees in Miami we had were we ended up being kidnapped and taken to a Bachelorette Party on the beach as “entertainment” for 48 hours.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- Yea, hundreds. I create new ones and shift old ones every day. The more i grow the greedier I get too. I don’t have time to be wasting being the nice guy, so to be completely honest, if I can have every award and every plaque for the rest of my life then I might be satisfied. They’ll say its unachievable but they also probably haven’t personally met me.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- A lot more variation and a lot more energy. I have been doing a lot of studying on electronic music and all its subgenera or lack thereof and am just experimenting and experimenting until I can create something that feels like 100% me. I want to provide the next trend however I can and leave my imprint in history.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- We just released “Celebrating Pain” that I did with Sarcazm and Fixx Ticket who are fucking amazing. The album was a big change for me because it was a very emotionally draining project. We did our best to capture everything that I just ended up creating a completely dark surrounding at all times. I wanted to really keep my head focused on every feeling I had from my previous relationship. Next we have just started toying with ideas but its going to be very upbeat and dance related. I wont call it Black Shades Part 2, but you can expect that direction and sound to have a small influence.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- FKN-Famous is the elite. Time is of the essence and I cant go from site to site all day just to browse for news, music, new gear, whatever. FKN Famous always, and I mean ALWAYS has everything on lock. I get my favorite record, with news, and a look at a new watch or pair of shoes every time i stop through. I’m honored to be a part now, I consider you family.
Any last shout outs?
- Shout out to Coca-Cola, Hooters, Big Titties White Tittie Brown Titties Round Titties Nipple All Around and Them Upside Down Titties, 8&9 Clothing, Every last site that supports my music, and last but not least BiC for providing me the ability to shave my head every morning.
This article is sponsored by: