Fashion – Critically Acclaimed
Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a brand based all the way from Sheffield, United Kingdom by the name of Critically Acclaimed.Critically Acclaimed is a propaganda art and vintage print brand, we like to call it a ‘Modern Throwback’ brand based out of the United Kingdom. Now relax as we get to know Critically Acclaimed a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Critically Acclaimed
City/State: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Established date: 9th January 2010
Price range for clothing: Prices range from £10 ($15 approx) to £25 ($39 approx) + Cheap shipping too
Where to buy your clothing: http://www.criticallyacclaimedclothing.co.uk/products
So tell us about your brand?
- Critically Acclaimed is a propaganda art and vintage print brand, we like to call it a ‘Modern Throwback’ brand based out of the United Kingdom.
How did you come up with the name?
- I came up with the name when the trend in advertising was to state that your product was ‘Critically Acclaimed’ I was sick of seeing it thrown around carelessly so I decided to use it for some good. By using this as the brand name the aim was to hijack the nature of the initial advertisement to direct towards us! And it worked.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- I launched while I was just finishing school, jobs were tight at that moment so I thought this would set me aside and shine some light on my skills.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- Thought about it throughout school, even tried drawing on some plain tees and selling them. It was just a part of me I used to be researching printing methods and looking at clothing brands when I should have been studying.
What best describes your line & whom is it targeted to?
- Everyone! But seriously we like to think everyone because of the constant references to vintage design could wear the brand for the older audience and the fuel of propaganda for the kids who stand for something.
What influenced you to start this line?
- My mother has always loved fashion and she knows her labels – I always wanted to be the one behind a label people love, she motivated me the most.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- It’s face value, a lot of brands these days think the basis of a good design revolves around a halftoned photo of a celebrity / nude women. We however believe that creating a classy design that is timeless is priority, we aren’t in this for any amounts of money we are in this to constantly keep progressing giving stuff back to the customers we have through any means.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Apart from the usual filling out paper work and keeping up to date it would probably be the processing side of things. Since we do everything ourselves when getting orders together we face challenges all the time to pack each order to a high standard, deliver on time and handle customers inquires but it’s safe to say we handle this well.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Facebook definitely but word of mouth is what pushes this. For anyone who would be thinking of promoting always start small, build a loyal fan base before cashing out on mag’ ad’s.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- We are dropping three new t-shirts and a vest top in January of 2012 and after that we have our second line of Snapback hats ready to go. It’s a constant work in progress and there will always be new plans coming along.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- You guys have a pretty solid thing going on, a good collective of quality reads. I found FKN Famous through Google looking for lifestyle and clothing blogs to follow and was really happy when you guys contacted me.
Any last shout outs?
- Gotta say, so much love to all the Critically Acclaimed team: Chrissy B, Izzi, Gilbz, Shmoo and Liv along with a big thank you to everyone who’s supported us so far! Critically Acclaimed Criminals!
This article is sponsored by: