Fashion – E THE REAL
Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a brand based out of Lawrence, Kansas by the name of E THE REAL. E THE REAL™ is a clothing and lifestyle brand started by undergrads in Lawrence, KS 2010. Every seasonal collection values exclusivity and is only printed once with few exceptions. Now relax as we get to know E THE REAL a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: E THE REAL
City/State: Lawrence, KS
Established date: 09/10
Price range for clothing: $20-$75
Where to buy your clothing: http://shop.etherealco.com
- Headstone (Moreno Valley) ; 22500 Town Cirle; Moreno Valley, CA 92553
- Headstone (Riverside) ; 1299 Galleria At Tyler Mall ; Riverside, CA 92503
- Method Boutique; 1817 Wyandotte St. ; Kansas City, MO 64108
So tell us about your brand?
- E THE REAL™ is a clothing and lifestyle brand started by undergrads in Lawrence, KS 2010. Every seasonal collection values exclusivity and is only printed once with few exceptions. We were inspired by the HBO series ‘How To Make It In America.’ I was with my good buddy and now co-founder watching HBO on Sunday night and we had the idea. Then we had a beer and put some pieces together and started working on E THE REAL™.
How did you come up with the name?
- E THE REAL™ comes from ethereal. Look it up.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- College. When we started I was a junior at Washburn University. I’m still finishing up and working the same part-time internship. Majoring in Entrepreneurial Mass Media and Design.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- E THE REAL™ is clothing for anyone working for their dream. Whatever that may be. I enjoy a lot of different things and don’t want to single out a certain audience. If it’s a great product the customer will find it. We get up, go to work, go to 3hrs of class, go to the library, and come back to work on the company. If you have a similar grind our gear is for you. Our designs are bold and simple offering a unique combination. Recognize real.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- We’re from Kansas.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- I have trouble finding money for dinner. I’m big on peanut butter toast.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Work everyday and keep working. In the mean time, go check out our shop.etherealco.com
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Jerry sent us an email and I liked what you guys are doing. Mutual beneficial relationship.
Any last shout outs?
- Anyone grinding for his or her dreams. To the stars through difficulties. Thank you to all that support.
This article is sponsored by:
1 Comment › Leave yours
- E THE REAL S/S 2012 Teaser » Fkn' Famous - [...] Check out their exclusive interview with FKN Famous at : http://fkn-famous.com/2012/02/fashion-e-the-real/ [...]