FKN Exclusive – Mark Munoz
You know at FKN Famous we always love to bring you new talent. Well we’ve got something special for you today coming from Mission Veijo, California. We have a FKN Exclusive with a very talented UFC fighter by the name of Mark Munoz. Sit back and relax as we get to know Mark a little more and how he started out in the industry.
UFC Fighter Name: Mark Munoz
City/State: Mission Viejo, CA
So tell us a little bit about yourself.
- I was born in Yokouska Japan and raised in Vallejo CA to Filipino parents Rodolfo and Imelda Muñoz. I’m a husband to a beautiful wife, a father to 4 wonderful children, a fighter for the UFC middleweight division, and a follower of Jesus.
What inspired you to start fighting & how long had you been fighting for?
- Well never thought that I’d ever be fighting, but the door kept opening for me and later it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up any longer. A good friend of mine, Urijah “The California Kid” Faber kept on encouraging me to start fighting. For three years I told him no. He stayed on me and asked me to try out some Jiu Jitsu. So I tried it out. Later I started to train Muay Thai then later boxing. The deal sealer was when Urijah invited me to train with Randy Couture for a training camp he had in Sacramento CA. He and a bunch of other UFC fighters came as well. During this training camp, I came and sparred for the very first time, Randy “the Natural” Couture. I took him down once he then stood back up grabbed my head and proceeded to punch me in the gut and head repeatedly. I ended up trying to take him down again but to no avail. Having said all that. I ended up loving it. That when I decided it was something I had to do. I later asked the two most important women in my life, which were my wife and my mother, if they would support me in this new venture. Up until I sat them both down and asked for their support they then said they’d support me. From then on its been a fast rise from 2008-present.
Is there anything that sets you differently from other fighters out there?
- I believe I have the best ground and pound in the business.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Yes, I’ve had some injuries that I had to overcome and of course my two losses that I had to learn from. I believe without any adversity you cannot be truly tough. I can honestly say that I’m a better fighter because of those hard challenges!
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- The best way to promote myself is through social media. I believe that social media is a vehicle we can use to truly put out how we really are as a person. And to let our fans know of our upcoming events, etc.
What were some of the craziest competitions you’ve competed in?
- The ones that I’ve remembered the most were my Kendall Grove fight in Abu Dhabi and my Chris Leben fight in Birmingham, UK. I love traveling to different countries and doing what I love.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- To become a UFC World Middleweight Champion
What can we expect from you in the future?
- You can always expect exciting fights from me.
What do you think of FKN Famous & how did you hear about us?
- Heard that you have great material in your magazines. My homies from the bay area told me about you.
Any last shout outs?
- To my training partners at Reign Training Center, visit our website http://train2reign.com, to my coaches, family, fans, and most importantly God I would not be living this blessed life. Thank you for the opportunity to be featured in your magazine!
This article is sponsored by: