Fashion – Street Market
We love bringing you some of the dopiest brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a store based out of Nottingham, United Kingdom by the name of Street Market. Now relax as we get to know Street Market a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Street Market ( it’s a store not a clothing line)
City/State: Nottingham (United Kingdom)
Established date: July 2011
Price range for clothing: $24 – $40
Where to buy your clothing: www.streetmarketstore.com
So tell us about your brand?
- Street Market is an online store based in the UK, selling apparel worldwide. We champion up and coming brands such as Candy for Richmen (France), Coontak (France), Rum Knuckles (UK) and Timber! (USA). We also sell prints and accessories.
How did you come up with the name?
- I was inspired by this exhibition http://www.deitch.com/projects/sub.php?projId=128
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Working in an office
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- For a few years it has always been in the back of my mind to launch an online store. I think with the new ways of connecting with potential customers the time felt right to do it now.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- We sell cool apparel in limited quantities. We are targeted to anyone who is willing to go that extra mile to find great looking apparel.
What influenced you to start this line?
- I have always enjoyed searching the web for that hard to find item of clothing. I guess it’s just an extension of that. I have started to sell the stuff that I find rather than continue to buy it for myself.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Hard to say, there are a lot of great stores out there. My aim when starting the store was to be able to constantly have new stuff coming in all the time rather then selling apparel around the winter/summer seasons. Hopefully returning customers will come back on a regular basis knowing that there is always going to be something fresh available.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- When first starting out it could be difficult at times to convince clothing brands to sell me their stock as I had no reputation. Some brands didn’t bother to reply and others didn’t want to know as I was online only and didn’t have a brick and mortar store…. Saying that the brands that I have been working with have been nothing short of fantastic.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Websites like thefancy.com, which enables users to add products they fancy and discover new things from other users. I have been able to set up a discount code, which gets emailed to any users who fancy something from my store. It’s been a great help. http://www.thefancy.com/brands-stores/streetmarket
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Hopefully to continue to grow the fan base and more brands and hopefully start selling more art prints
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- You contacted me.
Any last shout outs?
- Shout out to Joseph Einhorn and everyone at the fancy for helping me get off the ground.
This article is sponsored by: