Fashion – T.G.I.F. Clothing
We love bringing you some of the dopiest brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a brand based out of San Francisco/Los Angeles, California by the name of TGIF Clothing. Now relax as we get to know TGIF Clothing a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: TGIF Clothing ( Thank God I’m Fresh )
City/State: San Francisco Ca – Los Angeles Ca
Established date: May 2011
Price range for clothing: $30-$50
Where to buy your clothing: www.shoptgif.com
So tell us about your brand?
- T.G.I.F (THANK GOD IM FRESH) was started in 2011 to bring a different element into the streetwear realm. The founders Al Maddin and Jahi Roosevelt wanted a lifestyle brand that would reflect their own interests.
How did you come up with the name?
- It just came to us one day over the phone “Thank God I’m Fresh”. We felt That would be Legendary name for a clothing line and the rest is history!
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Before launching our brand we both were just music endeavors. Jahi was in a Music Group called “Fresh Boyz FBBand” and I (Al Maddin) ran a record label called “iHits Music Group”.
We both had a strong following on the internet from dealing with music so once we started our clothing line everything came sort of easy.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- [Jahi Roosevelt] As a child I always wanted to start a brand, I have always been intrigued by fashion . And it’s a blessing to see my fantasy turn into a reality.
[Al Maddin] Growing up in Detroit fashion was always a big factor to us so I’ve always been into having the “Freshest” / Newest gear. I never really could picture myself actually having my OWN brand until 2011 but to actually see people loving something that we created is truly a blessing.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- The term “Respectable Streetwear” best describes our line. TGIF no doubt is rooted from the “street or urban community. However, are demographics reach all over the world our targeted audiences is simply “everybody” from extreme sports,musicians, actors, athletes & even fighters. Every one no matter race or status can respect the freshness . And they Love it. It’s that #TGIFreshLife
What influenced you to start this line?
- It’s funny how our line came about, we actually were on the phone joking around with the name “Thank GOD Im Fresh” which led to us saying “That would actually be a HOT name for a clothing line”. Once that was said we did everything we had to do to make that possible.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- We feel the way we branded ourselves on the internet is different from other brands out there. A lot of new companies don’t have the same internet following this early in their journey and we feel we’re blessed to actually have the internet on our side.
Another way we feel we are different is because we actually let our supporters know what goes on behind the scenes, we actually SPEAK to them as if we were all one big family. We feel building a good relationship with the people that support you is very important.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- With any business there are always bumps in the road one of our biggest challenges in the beginning was getting quality print work!! Which we overcame and are now praised for. Another challenge is trying to keep all of our customers happy, our customer service is one of our main focuses.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Social Media Marketing, utilizing all of our resources really helped in promoting TGIFresh Clothing such as Twitter, Facebook & now Instagram.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Yes we hope to transition the line in to some exclusive boutiques throughout the country we’ve been getting a lot of mail regarding the line & we would like to start placing a couple of pieces off the line on to there shelves.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- You guy’s actually reached out to us, we checked out your website and he LOVE it. Look’s really legit and feel it will be a good look for the both of us.
Any last shout outs?
- First and foremost we would like to thank GOD for giving us this opportunity, our families & friends. all of our supporters WORLDWIDE & FKN Famous for taking the time out to listen to our journey to success. #Salute
This article is sponsored by: