Fashion – Twisted Tradition Clothing
We love bringing you some of the dopiest brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a brand based out of Vallejo, California and Austin, Texas by the name of Twisted Tradition Clothing. Now relax as we get to know Twisted Tradition Clothing a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Twisted Tradition Clothing
City/State: Vallejo, CA, Austin, TX
Established date: 1881
Price range for clothing: $30.00 – $70.00
Where to buy your clothing: http://twistedtraditionclothing.myshopify.com/
So tell us about your brand?
- We describe TWC as an “Urban Brand that meets fine clothing.” Our product is exclusive and prestigious. We take pride in our design and our brand and put a lot of work and effort into every detail so our customers can be satisfied with everything from the look to the feel.
How did you come up with the name?
- Being established in 1881 means we feel we are way ahead of our time. Twisted Tradition comes from 1881 being a hectic year in history and also an influence from lifestyles that are not technically accepted with societies norms. Our brand doesn’t have any specific demographic other than the person who feels this is for them, which we feel is everyone who accepts it.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Honestly before launching the brand we were all dreaming of this day to be able to be apart of what we are doing now.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- Since Bentley was in Jr. High, he always wanted to create a clothing brand. Eventually he took every last dollar he had and put it into this company. Fortunately he had loyal friends who always believed in him and his dream and rallied around him and used their attributes to create this company and run it the way it is ran now.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- As mentioned earlier we don’t specifically target anyone. We feel our brand is a genuine expression of art and creativity and encourage anyone who loves what we do to wear and express our creativity with their own. Fashion is art and creativity so we want to mesh our creativity with your own as you style, get fresh and get fly!
What influenced you to start this line?
- Always being into fashion and being passionate about fashion it was only right I express what we love to do through our clothing brand.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- We feel we are genuine and put time, effort and thought into our brand. We are not just slapping things together and forcing it out there. From the thought process of the designs coming from our head designer, to those thoughts being shared with our artist; creating those thoughts and drawing them out bringing them to life, to our graphic designer rendering those drawings into vector files to send to the screener making sure the screen-printing is precise and sharp. The small detail on each sleeve every tag, every shirt and hoodies that is poly bagged, our company is ran by five individuals that make sure everything to every single detail is done genuinely to satisfy our customers.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- There’s always a challenge. Things are not going to necessarily go the way you expect them to go at times. You and your business partners won’t always agree with each other 100% of the time as well. It’s also difficult to hustle with this business, do what’s necessary to keep a roof over your head and stay stable, it’s a grind. We most definitely aren’t living off this yet.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Social media is a good way to promote. Facebook, Twitter. Linking everything together, staying in peoples faces so every time they log online or go throughout their day they see Twisted Tradition. Eventually the more someone see’s you they will eventually by in. We also have people in Texas who attended SXSW (south by southwest). They were out there hitting the streets passing out fliers and networking with artist. We have a few relationships with some mainstream artist. Our motto is to stay in peoples faces with our marketing. If anyone mentions Twisted Tradition first thing they will say is either the clothes are hot or “they be grinding”
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Just continue to expand. Expand. Expand. That’s all we want to do. Get the awareness out there. Want everyone to know we are here and we manufacture a quality product. It speaks for itself. We are already working on our Summer, Fall and Winter lineup as we speak. Working to get in more boutiques across the country. We are not a fad, or a local brand. We want to go as far as our potential and drive will take us.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Jerry reached out to us. We were honored to do this spread and very happy he liked our brand. We love the site, content and everything it inhibits. We are glad to be a featured brand and look forward to possibly doing more with FKN Famous in the future.
Any last shout outs?
- We’d like to shot out the city of Vallejo; CA first and foremost, as every last person associated with Twisted Tradition is from that city. Vallejo breeds legends. The Bay Area, everyone who is in the underground Fashion industry and all of our supporters. We are working hard and we are doing our part to bring quality product each and every time.
This article is sponsored by: