FKN Exclusive – H*Wood
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented music artist from Denver by the name of H*Wood! Check out this FKN Exclusive with H*Wood and see how he started out in the industry! Also check out his latest track.
Artist Name: H*Wood
City/State: Denver, CO
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Brandyn “H*Wood” Bordeaux (Born March 6, 1988)is an American born mash-up recording artist. H*Wood is a proud Denver, Colorado musician whose music reflects his eclectic upbringing ranging between electronic, pop, dance and dub-step all while effortlessly rapping the lyrics; the style is considered to be innovative considering electronic and dub-step are generally genres known for its music production rather than its lyrics.
In 2009 H*Wood was approached by Mark Jackson Productions to record a demo EP, from that EP spawned H*Wood’s premiere single “Could it Be You,(Punk Rock Chick). “Could it Be You” brought the attention of super producer Rodney Jerkins and his music label, Dark Child Records. H*Wood signed a recording contract with the industry heavyweight and soon released his debut single. Upon release the single received praise from the likes of Ryan Seacrest’s popular entertainment site, RyanSeacrest.com as having “…the 2010 Summer Jam we’ve been waiting for.” “Could it Be You” to date has sold over 220,000 downloads.
After the successful release of “Could It Be You” in the United States, H*Wood’s party anthem was picked up by Universal Records Germany and released overseas. At his highest points the debut single reached the #1 most downloaded song in Germany and #33 on Germany’s Hot 100.
What inspired you to start singing?
- The inspiration of my family, to really excel and lead my family to it’s fullest potential and the feeling deep inside that I am here to deliver a message.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Yes, finding my sound and who I am as an artist because I am so creative and have so many ideas, so expressing them in multiple genres and make that work was my biggest challenge.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- I honestly think the best way to promote yourself, other than the internet, is to stay humble, connected to my fans, engaging with them and always staying accessible as an artist. That is the most genuine and best way and only way. That gives your fans a chance to know your character not just your music.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- Performing at the Pepsi Center in my hometown of Denver, CO during halftime at the Nuggets game and receiving a custom Nuggets jersey, I will NEVER forget that moment!
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- I would like my music to really inspire people, even just one person, to be the best they can be is all I want. It is all I want out of my music, thus why I am launching my EP with the lead single W.O.R.K.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- That I will always push the envelope and you will always expect that from me as an artist.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- H*Wood has announced a May 1st release date of his new single to debut MAY 1st, 2012. Entitled “W.O.R.K. A Snippet of the song can also be found on H*Wood’s Site
Any last shout outs?
- Yes, shout out to my clothing line RIF.b (Rest Is For Billionaires), #THEUNIT, Pangea Music Group and of course my hometown, Colorado.
This article is sponsored by: