FKN Exclusive – Jill English
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented artist from Kansas City by the name of Jill English! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Jill English and see how she started out in the industry! Also check out some of her latest artwork.
Artist Name: Jill English
City/State: Kansas City
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- I’m a contradiction! My brain is hard-wired both left and right which means I live in that riveting space between logic and reckless abandon. This explains the diversity in my art from the realistic, black & white “Sexy Series” to the uninhibited color explosion that is ‘Pure Emotion.”
What inspired you to start in doing artwork?
- I painted my first work of art at age three in my mother’s studio- a seascape. Growing up with an art teacher for a mother meant creativity was a way of life. I learned technical things early but didn’t become truly inspired until a trip to NY in the 1980’s when I fell in love with abstract art!!
Is there anything that sets you differently from others out there?
- Yes! My paintings are uniquely textured with things like, crushed rose petals, old love notes, and coffee grounds to name a few. I then add hundreds of layers of paint, usually oils, and set them in motion on canvas against a backdrop of rich, dramatic color. I use all kinds of things for texture depending on the subject matter of the piece.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- The industry has been good to me. I have clients around the world and a Fed Ex account to ship paintings to them- what more could a girl want??
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Authenticity! Painting from the soul creates magic on canvas. I’m lucky enough not to be a “starving artist,” which means I don’t have to dilute my work to gain a sale. “Word of mouth” is my best friend!
What would be your craziest designs you’ve done?
- (Cough), I’ll never tell! ; )
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- Yes! I would like to create a series of paintings that capture the pain (and joy) of a child fighting cancer. The most growth I have experienced as a human being came the 2 years my son fought for his life. He and all of the children I came to know were the most amazing spirits I’ve ever encountered. To date, I’ve been unable to put this story on canvas, in spite of many attempts to do so.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- Honest, sassy, sexy art!
What do you think of FKN Famous & how did you hear about us?
- FKN Sexy!!! I heard about you via Twitter, added you to my “Faves” bar and the rest is history!
Any last shout outs?
- Love is free. Be generous with it!
This article is sponsored by: