FKN Exclusive – Rekstizzy
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented music artist from New York City by the name of Rekstizzy! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Rekstizzy and see how he started out in the industry! Also check out his latest track.
Artist Name: Rekstizzy
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Aw man, God bless America. My name is Rekstizzy born and raised in Queens. I’m just out here enjoying myself, collecting shines off things that are usually frowned down upon in society like alcoholism and the perversity of a senior citizen watching bright spandex-heavy work out videos. It’s a good time man, come fux with me.
What inspired you to start rapping?
- I didn’t really have a choice. It was a lot of corniness going around and I had to do it for the culture. And when I say corniness I’m not talking about radio and the current pussy fart generations of rap. There’s corniness going on there but it’s a lot of corniness on the ‘yo this is real hip hop, i only listen to 90′s’ sect as well. I mean, that’s just a small reason why I do this, but I really wanted to say pussy fart generations of rap.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Nah, everything been smooth sailing so far. I got the approval of a lot of the rap OG’s I looked up to growing up and the youth seem to enjoy what I do. No complaints from me. I guess once it’s more money involved and business gets more serious, there’s going to be some stress. But it’s a lot of chacks on instagram that brighten up my day no matter the situation. I like Arika Sato. Amy Fay just got on there too.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Showing off my hairy nipple and gut. A lot of women become hypnotized. I want to encourage them to take the next step and send me naked photos, because one day those titties will droop to the floor like Snoopy’s nose and nobody’s going to wanna see that shit, I promise you.
What would be your most memorable moment while rapping?
- The first thing that popped up in my mind was the time first and only time I battled a girl. I was in high school at some new year’s party in the Bronx and she tried to shit on me. I don’t know what she was expecting but I basically told her I’d skeet on her in a bunch of different ways . Afterwards, she wanted to jump me with her friends which was annoying. Damn, I hope this doesn’t inspire a bunch of female rappers to wanna battle me, that would be annoying as fuck.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- You know, I could give a fuck about a Grammy or a platinum plaque. I’m not saying ‘fuck money’, because I do want to make money off my craft. But to be big time big time like that, it’s a lot of compromise and forced radio records for general consumption, you know, Rihanna and Bruno Mars records and shit. DOOM has the perfect career. He never compromised his style, he sells mad merchandise and shows even if he doesn’t show up, and he ends up working with all the undisputed living legends of music like Thom Yorke of Radiohead. Yo, let’s do that!
What can we expect from you in the future?
- More music. And maybe some other shit. I’m just playing it by ear and having fun with it.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- Right now, I’m waiting on my homies Jkey and Hoya MC to drop their respective mix-tapes. Very different from my album but equally phenomenal because I’m featured on them. Nah just playing, but yeah, it’s those joints, any new beats from my FITYN collaborator YoungHoon Beats and then it’s my next album. Not going to go into any details, but I’m bringing you deeper into my colorful philosophies and adventures. Fuck with me, America.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- I really dig what ya’ll got going on here. I’m subscribed on my Google reader. I’m just a little upset that ya’ll get so much free shit, ha! The FKN hotties are also very serious. Debbie Sath? Jenn Tran? Aiight, yo.
Any last shout outs?
- Aw man, shout out Francis Scott Key for the National Anthem. Shout out Timbaland for Are You That Somebody. And shout out you guys for giving me a platform to talk my shit. I’m trying to make the old heads proud and sprinkle my little gems on the youth, not in a sexual way. Fake it till you naked.
Photos used in this article was taken by Aston “Husumu” Hwang.Tweet
This article is sponsored by: