Fashion – AlohaReignsSupreme
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a clothing brand based out of Las Vegas, Nevada by the name of AlohaReignsSupreme. Now relax as we get to know AlohaReignsSupreme a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: ARS/ AlohaReignsSupreme
City/State: Las Vegas, NV
Established date: 99’
Price range for clothing: $20-$26 with free shipping on shirts
Where to buy your clothing: http://ARSkapa.bigcartel.com
So tell us about your brand?
- Our brand started out as a graffiti crew around 99’. not till late 08 is when we decided to pull the trigger and make it a brand. We thought about what keeps us all together as a crew. Aloha, Graffiti, and Hiphop is the interests we all shared. That’s when we knew we wanted to make it a brand. We Started calling ourselves alohaholics and just wanted to express our love for Aloha, Graffiti and Hip-hop threw design and apparel.
How did you come up with the name?
- Where we grew up in Hawaii, Aloha was apart of our everyday life. We wanted to show Aloha (love) threw everything we do in everyday life. especially Graffiti and Hip hop. That’s why we chose the Name AlohaReignsSupreme cause with out the Aloha we wouldn’t be doing what we do.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Before the launch of the brand we was just a bunch of vandals, skaters, and hip-hop heads.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- The thoughts of bringing a brand to fruition was always in the back of our minds but never knew what we really wanted. Just so happened ARS Crew was staring right at us and we never noticed it.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Aloha, Graffiti, Hiphop is what would best describe us i think. Our main target is islanders because of the designs, but lately we been leaning back towards the graff head side so expect some new graffiti based designs to surface soon
What influenced you to start this line?
- The influences that encouraged us was graffiti, and the skateboard apparel industry. So all in all we basically like getting art on to shirts.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- I don’t think anyone has ever thought of putting the aloha spirit with a graffiti/hiphop vibe?!?! if you do let me know hahahaha, but really i think a lot of brands out there associate Graffiti and hiphop with a more gangster approach.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Of course there are many challenges like money and supporting a family but what would be life with out a struggle or challenge you feel me. we would just be living in black and white, not color. The only major challenge is finding time to get all the crew together to sort things out with designs, but you know day to day living gets in the way.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- I’d have to say word of mouth, and throwing our local hip hop and graffiti events helps a lot as well. If your in Vegas don’t miss out on Midnight Marauders 2 and every Sunday we throw a Local hiphop show case called Sunday Skoolin. All ran by AlohaReignsSupreme and Pop2
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Hopefully to get more exposure, and in a few more shops by years end.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I received a email from Jerry for a feature. I honestly think the online mag has a great layout and fresh insight to new things popping up, also an in depth view on products that I haven’t seen for a while.
Any last shout outs?
- Peach to all my Ars Crew members around the country and world, to all the Alohaholics out there show them why AlohaReignsSupreme
This article is sponsored by: