Fashion – Bassic Clothing
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a clothing brand based out of Newcastle, UK by the name of Bassic Clothing. Now relax as we get to know Bassic Clothing a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Bassic Clothing
City/State: Newcastle, UK
Established date: January 2012
Price range for clothing: £25+
Where to buy your clothing: www.bassicclothing.co.uk
So tell us about your brand?
- Bassic is ran by Asif Sheikh and Jamie Thompson, two friends with a passion for clothing. We’re a small clothing company selling primarily T-Shirts, based in the North-East of England. We aim to keep things simple, hence “bassic”. We would say we were a streetwear brand so we take inspiration from music and street culture.
How did you come up with the name?
- We wanted our brand to be simple yet effective. The name basic seemed too straightforward and we though the double ‘s’ would mean that our brand ties in with the music culture ie. bass
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- In college
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- It’s something we have always wanted to do but it became a serious idea back end of 2011.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- It’s in the name: Basic. We just want to keep things straightforward with no gimmicks along the way. We target our tees at a wide variety of people but they all have one thing in common and that’s their desire to be that little bit different.
What influenced you to start this line?
- We have always loved wearing something nobody else has and we wanted to bring that idea to the masses. There’s a really thriving fashion scene in Newcastle at the minute and we wanted to be part of that because we felt that we had something different.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- We keep things limited. We never print huge runs and we aim never to reprint any of our designs. So once one colourway has gone you have virtually missed your chance to get a hold of one. We keep things fresh and updated that way.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yeah loads but we are doing ok so far haha. Being different and offering people something else is the main one.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Word of mouth is the best tool. After 4 months and two t-shirt lines, the whole city knows about the brand. We were lucky enough to get our tees into Independent Fashion Space in Newcastle and that was really helpful in giving our brand the recognition.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- We have some new designs in store for everyone and there will be a Summer Line coming out soon. Watch out for sweaters and vests in particular.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Really great blog with some very interesting articles. We heard about you through the email we received.
Any last shout outs?
- Chris Q and As We Are (Adam & Adrian Fairless) who are our Bassic sponsored DJs, watch out for their new releases. Independent Fashion Space for the opportunity and our dedicated team over here at Bassic, especially design HQ.
This article is sponsored by: