Fashion – Urban Natured Clothing
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a clothing brand based out of Hartford, Connecticut by the name of Urban Natured Clothing. Now relax as we get to know Urban Natured Clothing a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Urban Natured Clothing
City/State: Hartford, CT
Established date: June 2011
Price range for clothing: $24 – $40
Where to buy your clothing: www.urbannatured.com/shop
So tell us about your brand?
- Urban Natured Clothing is a street-wear clothing line born to reestablish the meaning of urban culture and cure those suffering form dead fashion.
How did you come up with the name?
- After days of brainstorming, I figured I wanted to come up with a name that described a person as “city-raised”. So I came up with Urban Natured. The word natured is defined as someone who has characteristics of a special kind. In this case, urban-natured refers to someone who has urban characteristics. The word natured is more commonly found in the term “good-natured”, which infers that a person has good characteristics. We also gave birth to City Raised Group, which is a sub-name for Urban Natured. The purpose of CRG is to create a worldwide crew of urban-natured individuals who proudly represent our brand.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- I have always been extremely ambitious in life, and that ambition has always kept me occupied. Before launching the clothing line, I was making simple iPhone games that I never published, Spanish rap songs (look me up on YouTube: Jota-co), and art (mostly graphic designs). I always keep myself occupied.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- This thought came to mind around early 2011. I began with a completely different concept, but decided to stick to idea of making this an urban-based brand.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- My clothing line is specifically targeted to those in search of swag.
What influenced you to start this line?
- A friend that started his own clothing line inspired me to start my own. After that I began to study bigger brands to get a sense of direction (10.DEEP, OBEY, THE HUNDREDS, DIAMOND SUPLY CO., STUSSY, ETC).
How is your brand different from others out there?
- I feel like my clothing line holds a strong concept. My current goal is to distinguish my clothing line by creating well-developed concepts and designs. Our current designs aren’t enough to define us, but I think our next major release should define where we are headed with our clothing line. We plan to make it our best.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes. The most common difficulties for me are funding, and promoting. Promotion brings in sales, which brings in funding. But building a fan base is not so simple. We have definitely expanded since our initial release, but we still have a long way to go.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- I think promoting our concept and keeping a consistent theme through social networks has been helpful for us (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram). This is important because without a theme, you are just another clothing line. Online advertising has also brought in a large crowd.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Our future plans depend on how well we build an audience. We want to get to the point where we have a large audience (City Raised Group) to make large seasonal clothing releases. We are planning a summer release that we will drop based on how well we do with our current designs.
Any last shout outs?
- We first heard about you guys when you reached out to me. I honestly appreciate this interview and respect your project. Shout out to @ImPossibleClub & @TarikTrotter for supporting.
This article is sponsored by: