FKN Exclusive – REDi
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented group from Los Angeles, California by the name of REDi! Check out this FKN Exclusive with REDi and see how he started out in the industry! Also check out their latest music video. Shout out to MMKpr for introducing us to such great talent!
Group Name: REDi
City/State: Los Angeles, CA
So tell us a little bit about REDi?
- REDi (pronounced red-eye) is comprised of four multi-talented artists. – Redwine, Rob A!, Robby Blackwell and Aundrus Poole. The concept of the group derived from our organic energy and the existing music collaborations. “We were all working with Redwine and respected each other’s music that everyone created with Redwine so it just made sense for us to further our collaborations with a group” says Robby Blackwell The name REDi has various meanings. Rob A! explains, “We wanted a name that defined our collective energy. We like the symbolism of the color red – power, passion, love etc. With Redwine being our producer it made sense to keep the word “RED” in the name then we added the ‘I” to represent the individuality that we each maintain and contribute to the group.” Aundrus Poole adds, “REDi is a lifestyle. Think of flying the red eye flight. You’re taken from the dark to the light, from one destination to another. It’s an experience in itself.”
What inspires REDi?
- “Individually we have our own inspirations but when it comes to our music our real life is the main inspiration. I start producing a track from our experiences a party, a story, a joke, or a visual we all gravitate to. Most importantly, we are inspired by each other. The respect we each have for one another as creatives and as men drives REDi as a collective to be better. This is what makes REDi unique.” Say Redwine.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- “All of us have experience in the industry in some capacity there are always going to be challenges. Right now the main challenge is the misconception that REDi is a boy band. We are not. We were not methodically constructed. The formation of REDi was organic in every way.” says, Robby Blackwell.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Social media. We can interact with our fans and get instant feedback. Aundrus adds, “We all had individual careers so that is a great platform for REDi. We also have amazing support from our peers in the industry so through social media we were able to bring all of our worlds together to build our fan base.”
What would be your most memorable moment as a group?
- On stage at SXSW 2012 performing “Shawty Got [Ass For Days]” to Dawn Richard. “It was a defining moment to experience our music come to life and to feel the energy of the audience” says, Redwine.
Are there any goals that REDi would like to achieve?
- Naturally our goal is to attain music industry accolades such as Grammy Awards, albums sales, worldwide touring but overall we really want the fans to connect with REDi – our music and our lifestyle.
What can we expect from REDi in the future?
- Music is just one aspect of our lives. We want people to experience life with us. We will take you on a journey with four different perspectives. We have a great team that is building REDi as a lifestyle – technology, fashion, film, TV, publishing etc. “We are all entrepreneurs and very ambitious so the future is what we manifest and it is limitless to us” Rob A! explains.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- We’ve recorded an entire library of music and we continue to create music all of the time. All the production is in house so we are never short of music. We are releasing a few singles within the next few weeks. As for an entire album, we’ll keep you updated.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- We love that the initial idea of FKN Famous was targeted to showcase women because REDi is about that life. FKN Famous provides support that is necessary for talent.
Any last shout outs?
- FKN Famous for this dope interview. Our manager Emerald Calpito for her unconditional support and guidance. Our publicist Melissa Keklack for the spotlights. Javier Laval for your creativity. Flii Stylz for your vision. All of our family and friends who continue to support REDi.
This article is sponsored by: