FKN Exclusive – Tia Ferrera
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented singer from Sacramento, California by the name of Tia Ferrera! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Tia Ferrera and see how she started out in the industry!
Artist Name: Tia Ferrera
City/State: Sacramento, CA
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Well I’ve always loved singing, since I was little you could find me singing at a talent show, my grandpa’s church or wherever there was music lol but the pressure and challenges I faced in the music industry were a bit much for me as a youngster so I took a break. As time passed I realized I wasn’t happy or completely myself unless I was performing, I decided to quit my job leave behind all my material possessions move to LA and pursue music fulltime; the “starving artists” way lol
What inspired you to start singing?
- I’ve always been inspired by artists like Mariah Carey, Aaliyah and Brandy …for me singing is how I express myself, when I cant find the words to say I can ALWAYS find the song to sing
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Of course!!! Criticism and judgement of things so personal to you is hard sometimes but if you have a great support system and can create art despite it all your good!!!!
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Word of mouth!!!!! I appreciate when someone hears a song or comes to one of my shows for the first time and tells people “you gotta check her out” as opposed to me saying “check me out check me out” lol
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- That would have to be when I opened for Miguel and the sound system went out right in the middle of my song!!! lol I just broke into an acapella and we killed it!!! lol I was sweatin bullets tho lol
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- I want to continue soaking up as much knowledge as I can about this industry. I’d also like to try acting or whatever comes along as an opportunity to express the person I am
What can we expect from you in the future?
- We just shot a huge video for my single “Ladies Night” that will be out soon as well as a full length project so look for that too!
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- Yes!!!! Were definitely releasing a full length project this year more videos and singles to warm up this summer!
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- You guys are awesome!!!! Thank you for giving indie artists like me a chance to shine!
Any last shout outs?
- To my huge family of supporters thank you for everything!!! You guys are the reason I continue on thanks for your love!!!!
This article is sponsored by: