FKN Sassy – BATOKO
We’ve got another awesome installment of FKN Sassy for you lovely ladies out there. Today we check out a company out of Manchester, UK by the name of BATOKO. BATOKO specializing in vintage and modern clothing. This is definitely a brand you should look into ladies!
Clothing line name: BATOKO
City/State: Manchester, UK
Established date: Feb 2011
Price range for clothing: £10-£60
Where to buy your clothing: http://www.batoko.com
So tell us about your brand?
- BATOKO is a fashion-forward online clothing store bringing an array of coveted vintage and modern clothing at friendly prices.
How did you come up with the name?
- I wish I had an awesome story behind the name BATOKO, but it’s just a word I really liked and it had a good ring to it, so I snapped it up.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- I was working for an online fashion store as an in house photographer and web content editor. I decided to use the skills and knowledge I gained, to give it a go myself.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- It kind of crept up on me whilst I was working at my previous job. I love photography, but I had a creative itch and I began to lean more to design. I left my job and launched a website (totally the wrong way round) and haven’t looked back since.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- BATOKO is for the girl who likes something a bit different and isn’t afraid of taking risks. We love bold, in-your-face prints and colours, and girls that dare to pull it off are the girls we love.
What influenced you to start this line?
- An urge of creativity. I love all aspects of design, so being able to design everything, from the clothing to the website, is awesome. I’m completely in my element.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Rather than stuffing the site full of a vast amounts of clothing, we like to focus on a smaller collection of individual pieces. Only the best pieces make the cut.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Tons! It’s been a huge learning curve and there have certainly been points of panic, but on a whole it’s great and I would recommend it to anyone who’s toying with the idea. Just prepare to say goodbye to your social life/sleep.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- We rely heavily on social media platforms as it allows us to engage with our customers and chat to them about what they like and dislike. We really value the opinion of our customers and so they help shape the store even if they don’t know it.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- We have just released a limited collection of hand re-worked vintage denim shorts, which we are super excited about. We really want to start adding more footwear and accessories to the collection too. I have a list of ideas as long as my arm, so watch this space.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I was introduced the FKN Famous a couple of days ago and now I’m hooked!
Any last shout outs?
- A BIG shout out goes to my boyfriend/chief shorts-destroyer/deadline maker! And of course our loyal customers, who rock our fashion world!
This article is sponsored by: