Fashion – CaraibiRockers Clothing
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a clothing brand based out of Florence, Italy by the name of CaraibiRockers Clothing Co. Now relax as we get to know CaraibiRockers Clothing Co. a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: CaraibiRockers Clothing Co.
City/State: Florence, Italy
Established date: Spring 2010
Price range for clothing: 35,00/38,00 Euro
Where to buy your clothing: www.CaraibiRockers.com – Shop Online Page
So tell us about your brand?
- CaraibiRockers is an independent Italian clothing company founded in 2010 from the ambitious project of three guys. Our ethos is based on our team’s desire to create a brand that we and our customers believe in. The crew here lives and breathes vintage speed machines, rock music, traditional tattoos, rum and old stories about caribbean pirates (‘caraibi’ meaning caribbean in italian). We have a special place in our heart for all things British, if it’s old school and on two wheels. We love cafe racer motorcycles. This is what inspires the CaraibiRockers graphics and they’re always made with rock n’ roll attitude. The brand is based on quality and style.
How did you come up with the name?
- The brand name is made up of two words: Caraibi and Rockers. The first one, Caraibi, means caribbean in Italian. We love stories and adventures about caribbean pirates. Not the recent Hollywood movies but books and tales about the real history of piracy. The second one, Rockers, is for Rockers subculture, leather boys or Ton-up crew, a biker subculture that originated in the United Kingdom during the 1950s. It was mainly centered around British cafe racer motorcycles and rock and roll music. We love the rockers culture and the nostalgic black and white photos depicting their era. So, these two worlds are tied together by a deep love for everything that is authentic and done with rock n’ roll attitude (as expressed by our company slogan : rude n’ pure), whether it is riding defiantly and in total freedom on a bike or on the waves.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- We are three guys who like art, motorcycles and music but we were all doing very different jobs before we started our T-shirt company.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- It was towards the end of 2009. We began thinking about our products because whenever we’d look for some cool T-shirts or alternative clothing, we never found exactly what we’d be looking for. Not being satisfied with the selection we’d find in stores or online shops, and because we wanted to express our own style, something more in tune with our own lifestyle, we decided to create this new brand. It’s also a creative outlet for us.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Our target is mainly people from 20 to 50 who looking for clothing that is different and cool. People who like very good quality clothing but are bored by the same old stuff. Our shirts have our original graphics, a new take on old rock n’ roll style. We think our motto describes it best : ‘Rude n’ Pure – Made with Rock n’ Roll Attitude.’
What influenced you to start this line?
- First of all, we wanted to create a very good quality product (we are Italian after all, and people here expect the best). So we wanted a style that exceeded quality standards while remaining authentic to the gritty rock n’ roll attitude. As I said earlier, we love everything about the Café Racer culture, British motorcycles, The 60s and their icons like the 59 Club, the Ace Cafe of London, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy. Some of our graphics are directly inspired by that passion. Others were inspired by old images of pirates that we stumbled upon, or old school tattoo designs (we like Jerry Sailor) and more generally vintage rock n’ roll graphics.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- We think we produce T-shirts with a unique style. At CaraibiRockers, we mix very high quality materials (our tees are 100% Cotton – 165 g/m² and have double stitched, banded collars and fitted shoulders) with an original and fierce rock n’ roll style. Our goal was to creat a line of clothing that could also appeal to people who are not die-hard fans. We wanted our graphics to have elements that are recognizable to everyone so that aficionados and non aficionados alike could share our passion.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Our only challenge is to ‘spread’ the word on CaraibiRockers and our shirts around the world and becoming a respected brand while maintaining true to our spirit, gaining more and more fans without being mainstream. We started this because we wanted to share our passion for that world with others. We’re happy with the feedback we’ve had so far and people’s enthusiasm for our shirts.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- We are always in contact with a lot of bike and tattoo magazines. We attend music festivals. We collaborate with artists. We also work with Dime City Cycle (one of the most famous special motorbikes builders from Florida). We’ve partnered up with them and they sell our tees in the US.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Well, we’ve been leaving out the girls, so it’s time to get started on our woman’s line. Also, we’re looking at offering helmets as well.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Surfing the net we found ‘FKN Famous’ and we were imadiately impressed by the professional look, wide range of products and different brands. It is very hard to find reliability and freshness in the varied world of fashion. FKN is a true reference point. We like it!
Any last shout outs?
- We want to say thanks to all the people have contribute grow up our business and our fans that always encourage us with their words.
This article is sponsored by: