Fashion – Chosen Clotihng Co.
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a clothing brand based out of New Jersey by the name of Chosen ‘CHSN’ Clothing Co.! Clothing. Now relax as we get to know Chosen Clothing Co. a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Chosen ‘CHSN’ Clothing Co.
City/State: New Jersey
Established date: June 2011
Price range for clothing: $20
Where to buy your clothing: http://www.chsnclothingco.com/products
So tell us about your brand?
- Chosen Clothing is a streetwear brand inspired by artwork that one would see in a major city everyday, and influenced by the lifestyle of the different artists that create them.
How did you come up with the name?
- I came up with the name as an allusion to artists around the world. It is my philosophy that everyone in their own way is an artist since we all express ourselves in different ways. I feel that those who act on their creative side are the ‘chosen’ few to tell their story and express their opinions while encouraging others to do the same.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Before launching this brand I was just living the life of a college student. Ever since I can remember I’d always doodle on the side of my notes and on the covers of my notebooks, and I knew one day once I gained the funds that I’d put my artwork on t-shirts.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- I’ve always wanted to start up a clothing brand, but never had enough money to do so. It was only until about a year ago that I just took a leap of faith, gathered up some money and started making designs for shirts.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- The best way to describe it is a bold, artwork-influenced brand. The brand is meant to be worn by anyone really, but mostly those into street art, graffiti, and hip hop.
What influenced you to start this line?
- I have a long list of people that influenced me, but to name a few, street artists like KAWS, Banksy, Keith Haring, Eric Haze, and more always made me want to go out with spray cans and throw up a mural on the side of a building. Since my artistic talents or bravery didn’t extend that far, I figured I would follow in those artists footsteps and get my art out on an easier medium; shirts.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- My brand is different from others because it is made for the free thinking mind and I listen to what people want. I do not want a brand that is carried on by hype and something people have in their closet because it’s the cool thing to have. My brand is based on the laidback lifestyle of creative people, and remain ever changing like the artwork out on the street.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Absolutely. The biggest challenge would be to make sure that the artwork that I create goes smoothly from paper/computer to the shirt, and making sure everything goes accordingly. It is also a challenge to produce products on such a limited budget and with such a small audience, but hopefully my audience and finances grow in the future.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- What seems to be working for me right now is social networks. I try to communicate with all of my followers on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram and let them know about new releases, discounts, and anything else going on with my brand as frequently as possible.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- I’m currently working on a summer release, and already planning out some stuff for the fall. Keep an eye out on any of the social networks I mentioned for release dates!
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I first heard about FKN Famous through Twitter, and started reading some of the articles on new brands as well as some of the more established ones. So far, FKN Famous hasn’t disappointed me yet!
This article is sponsored by:
1 Comment › Leave yours
- FKN Famous Feature | Chosen Clothing - [...] can read more of the feature HERE and read my INTERVIEW with them as well! Anyone who is a musician, ...