Fashion – Chucktown Custom
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the indie fashion industry we’ve got a custom footwear company based out of Goose Creek, South Carolina by the name of Chucktown Custom Sneakers. Now relax as we get to know Chucktown Custom Sneakers a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Shoe line name: Chucktown Custom Sneakers
City / State: Goose Creek, SC
Established date: 7/1/2007
Price range for shoes: 95$ to 250$
Where to buy your shoes: Check out our Facebook: Chucktown Custom Sneakers or email us email@example.com
So tell us about yourself and your brand?
- I have always been into sneakers since I was 9. When I got older I would always go to the mall and hit up Footlocker every first saturday of the month to get what was the latest and newest Air Forces or Jordans. Then I realized that everyone is going to be wearing the same sneakers. I started looking online to see if there were different or unique sneakers that I could purchase and I while looking I came across people doing custom sneakers. I had to learn how to do this so I started looking at forums and tutorial video and began to immerse myself in this side of sneaker culture, thus Chucktown Custom Sneakers was born. I like to provide something that looks factory made and unique. While some customizers go for the art side of custom sneakers I like to cater to the fashion side of it. People like to have something unique to wear and go with an outfit and thats what we do.
How did you come up with the name?
- The name Chucktown is a nick name for Charleston. Its my way of representing where I am from and live.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- My line is targeted to any and all ages of sneaker heads who want be unique and seperated from the norm.
What influenced you to start this line?
- I have always had ideas about sneaker design but I did not know how to carry that out. I started seeing artist like Van Taylor and Jacob Patterson’s tutorials and I thought. “Hey I can do that.” I have always loved art and fashion. What better way to combine both with sneaker customization.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Most artist put their own artistic flare to their sneaker. Which is good. We are different in that we cater more to a persons fashion sense. I like the customer to think a design is straight from the factory made just for them.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes. Deadlines. Thats the biggest challenge. I am working on a project now for a photo shoot out in D.C. and it has to be done within the week. But I like a challenge and I love what I do.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Wearing my own brand works. People always ask where do I get my sneakers. Thats when I hand them my card and I usually go from there. I get alot of references that way too. I also get invited to sneaker shows and I have done some shows in the past. But here lately my Facebook page leads to alot of inquiries.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Yes I am starting to do designs for boutiques that want something exclusive. I have a design that is going to be featured in a boutique in Maryland in a couple of months. The boutique is call STY LIN.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I actually seen your site on facebook first. When I seen you feature a customizer on your site before I was thinking I would love to be seen here. Its a good way to get your name and business out there. I also like your reviews. I actually have started checking the site for new and different companies trying to get their name out there.
Any last shout outs?
- I have to give a shout out to my think tank team Josh and Omega and Kiwanna of STY LIN boutique and everyone else who supports Chucktown Custom Sneakers.
This article is sponsored by: