FKN Exclusive – Brave
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented singer from Baltimore, Maryland by the name of Brave! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Brave and see how she started out in the industry! Also listen in to some of her latest song!
Artist Name: Brave
City/State: Baltimore, MD
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- I was originally in a girl group called Richgirl signed to Jive Records and Rich Harrison. We had a great run touring with Beyonce opening her show and getting national attention- however- I have gone solo and am ready to explore being brave.
What inspired you to start singing?
- I began singing when i was around 16. Before i discovered my voice i was always writing poetry and rapping. it wasn’t until i turned my poem into a song that i realized i could sing.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- One of the challenges that I’ve had to face in the industry as a female rapper and singer- is breaking the box that many people try to put me in. To say that i am only one way- or only 1 thing- is far from the truth. in order for society to accept something its as if that “something” has to be labeled, – I am an artist who expresses her story through rap and singing, lyrics, and melody- i am brave enough to be me- and thats the box I’m proving.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- One of the best ways that i found to promote myself is through online media and shows.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- My most memorable moment is opening the Beyonce tour the first night hitting the stage at Madison Square Garden. The adrenaline from the crowd, the adrenaline to get to perform- it was one of thee most greatest feelings and moments I’ve been blessed to experience.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- One goal i”d like to achieve in the future is hitting the stage again at Madison Square Garden but this time as the headliner.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- You can expect Songs with meaning, songs that are honest and a hybrid of rapping and singing. Videos that will tell an honest story. There’s so many different sides to me- im the girl who loves to inspire however am that girl that loves to have fun. the first person on the dance floor type of girl. some records will be in that vain as well.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- I will be releasing an EP A Brave New World very soon.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- I think that FKN Famous is a great site that helps encourage artist like myself to keep going. It keeps me up to date on the newest artist breaking out as well as the vets. I FKN love it!
Any last shout outs?
- Shout out to my fab PR team Melissa Keklak at MMKpr and Tahira from Branded PR. My Fab stylist and operations manager who always keeps me together Maria from Little M Style – and to you! FKN Famous for supporting Break Me Down and being a apart of the Brave New World movement as well as the fans who believe in me! LOVE THEM!
This article is sponsored by: