FKN Exclusive – Justin Brown
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented singer from Santa Rosa, California by the name of Justin Brown! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Justin Brown and see how he started out in the industry!
Artist Name: Justin Brown
City/State: Santa Rosa, California
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Well,I was born in New York and moved to New Jersey when I was about five with my mother,brother and sister.I wasn’t even really that interested in music then. I was crazy about sports. I love watching football,basketball,the X games,everything. Then when I was ten,I met a friend who was really into boy bands and singing groups (It was the 90′s :p) So we started our own group. We called it Beyond. Anyway,as I got older,I picked up an acoustic guitar and fell in love with it. It was bay far the most relaxing and rewarding thing to me.So I started to write my own songs and people started to take notice. After, I graduated high school,I took on a few jobs to pay the bills and pay for studio time but it was too expensive so I learned the craft of recording myself. I think it was better that I did that anyway since I always wanna to do everything myself. I finally recorded my cd and moved to Santa Rosa,CA to promote and I’ve been loving it?
What inspired you to start singing?
- I didn’t even think I could sing til my friend said I could.We use to listen to Boy II Men all the timeand try to copy there amazing harmonies.Then my music teachers always told me I had a good voice so I guess it was my friends and peers who inspired me.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Haha,everything I do in this industry is a challenge. Every time you try to advance yourself further,there is always some type of obstacle in the way. Which is why I think I love this business more than anything. You have to be at the top of your game to stay alive and it just forces you to improve yourself to get to where your goals are.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- The best and most fun way to promote myself is busking for no money the day of a gig to bring people in. That’s where I met a lot of my most diehard fans. You talk to them after playing and build a relationship with them.It’s great.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- The most memorable moment was actually my first show by myself as a singer-songwriter.The only gig I could get then was a jewish center that was about 30 minutes away from my house and I didn’t have a car then. Somehow I got there and I played John Mayer’s “Comfortable” in front everyone. It was so quiet. They were listening to every note I played and when I was done, I got the biggest applause and I had so many people come up to me and treated me like a star. It was then when I realized that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- I am planning on either being signed to a indie label this year or doing a tour by myself. I am very excited for the next level of my career.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- You can expect a lot of new music,new shows,and new collaborations with people. It’s gonna be pretty fun.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- I just released an album called “Musings of the Soul” on May 4th.It’s my first acoustic album and I am very proud of it. There was a lot of hard work and dedication to this album and I hope everyone will enjoy it.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- It is a great website. I love all the up to dates on the fashion,music,and events. You guys always keep me on my toes.
Any last shout outs?
- Shouts to Mom (of course!),Dave,Daren,Melissa,Anthony,Antoinette,Dylan Spader Home Productions,Andy Demos,Jeff Little, and Johnny Bonez
This article is sponsored by: