FKN Exclusive – Troy NoKA
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented singer from Los Angeles, California by the name of Troy NoKA! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Troy NoKA and see how he started out in the industry! Also listen in to some of his latest song!
Artist Name: Troy NoKA
City/State: Los Angeles, CA
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- I’m originally from Austin, Texas. I moved to Europe as a kid and attended middle school in Germany. When i was 15, I wanted to be Lil flip (haha). I started rapping and nobody would give me beats so I started making my own beats on playstation with this game called MTV music generator. I dropped out of college to move to LA when I was 18 to pursue my dreams of being a big producer and artist. Now I’m coming in, to inspire, to make music that touches people.
What inspired you to start singing?
- I just feel it, I never wanted to sing. I wanted to rap and produce but a lot of stuff I do now came by default–from me trying to get other people to sing or play piano for me and they didn’t so I just taught myself. I didn’t let anyone stop me, and never will.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- The biggest challenge is being patient. I think it’s easy to rush things, it’s hard to take your time and think through your plan before you act.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- The best way I see to promote myself is being the band-wagon, what I mean by that is once you start something and make quality, people promote it for you, they jump on your band wagon once YOU get it moving. They want to be apart of it, they talk about it, you talk about it, we’re talking about it now, so I focus on that and let my work help promote itself.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- Recording dreamer, it was the first time I really sang on a track. It was the first song I did when I started back at my artistry. I had taken a break to focus on growing as a producer and thats how I was eating. So that song is special to me, it’s the beginning.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- I set out to make classic albums and great quality music— that’s all I can strive for as a artist. I try not to worry about the stuff I have no control of.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- Expect me to change the atmosphere of music. I do this out of genuine expression, for the reasons hip hop started. Everything won’t be positive but its going to be real.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- I have so much music in the works. “Love.fear.pianos” is first up. It’s emotional, it alters your awareness.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- Quality. fashion, music, yaw even cover gadgets..I connect to what yaw are doing. I like yaw twitter avi.
Any last shout outs?
- Love to everybody, last but not least shout out to FKN famous for this opportunity. Blessings.
This article is sponsored by: