Fashion – The Natives
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the fashion industry we’ve got an awesome streetwear brand from Cincinnati, Ohio by the name of The Natives. Now relax as we get to know The Natives a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: The Natives
City/State: Cincinnati, Ohio
Established date: November 2010
Price range for clothing: $25 – $30 , $5 off coupon code: NTV12
Where to buy your clothing: www.the-natives.com
So tell us about your brand?
- The Natives is an entity identifying truths in all cultures; holding the highest respect for peace, knowledge, and collective awareness.
How did you come up with the name?
- Our circle consists of people from humble beginnings. Contrary to the excessive culture we live in, we wanted to promote values and viewpoints shared by original cultures. The Natives.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Working long hours, thinking of how we could make our own shirts, abuilding ideas off each other. We wanted to wear our interests, make them fashionable, and generate thought to whomever saw it.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- Since we were teens, it was always an idea in the back of our minds. When we started having the time and resources, we made it happen.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Message driven clothing, bringing back an ancient aesthetic. Our work is targeted to anybody drawn to it, but made for open minded individuals who embody what our brand is about.
What influenced you to start this line?
- Indigenous cultures, the concept of extraterrestrial life, David Wilcock, and Jay Electornica’s Style Wars EP.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Before we created The Natives, the brands we liked were trendy but one dimensional. We wanted to make clothes that reflected our tastes and perspective while making people question their own.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Besides the daily challenges all small business face, we try to stay humble, work hard, and prepare for the next wave of content.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Our best promotion comes from people wearing our clothes. By posting links on social networks and various Internet forums we make ourselves accessible to supporters we’d never have a chance to meet.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- We plan to start organizing promo events, collaborating with different businesses, and doing what’s necessary to take our brand to the next level.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- We found you guys online a while back, thought the site was dope, so we kept following!
Any last shout outs?
- Shouts to Esque Coast, Nathan Coast, Billion Coast, Peach Street, Peter Parker 513, Turo Patron, TK Tha Kings Kid, Jean P The MC, DC King of Hearts, Mikey Marriot, Santino Corleon, One Mic Ent. , Iconic BOMB Jewelry, Chris Cone Photography, Damaris Photography, Blitz The Ambassador and last but not least shouts to FKN Famous for the dope interview!
This article is sponsored by: