FKN Exclusive – Tey Yaniis
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented singer from Sacramento, California by the name of Tey Yaniis! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Tey Yaniis and see how he started out in the industry! Also listen in to some of his latest songs! Shout out to our good friend Young Dizzy for suggesting Tey Yaniis to us!
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Peace and blessings guys my name is Tey Yaniis I’m a hip-hop/soul artist originally from Dallas, TX. Looking to be the voice of a new generation that represents laidback, feel good music with a positive outlook on life.
What inspired you to start rapping?
- While spending time learning the musical instruments I developed a interest for writing rhymes after listening to artist such as Nas, the Fugees, digable planets and more. After I realized that I would fill up a spirals front to back with nothing but rhymes and short stories every week I realized that hip-hop was my passion and start to pursue my dreams.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Of course. I think the hardest challenge that I had to face was getting people to see that I had vision that was on a larger scale than just making hit radio songs. I want to create great records that people can relish and use in their everyday lives as motivation to look at life for the beautiful opportunity that it is.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- Internet for sure. Reaching those people who believe that the music can make a change in the world that we are living in at its current state. I interact with these groups of people and the are hungry for that music that encourages the greater good and I’m seeing this on a daily basis as I continue to push new music out there.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- Man I’ve had so many memorable experiences but I recall this one time when I read a DM from a fan that said that my new single “coffee brown” really lifted her spirits and that she prayed for me at her church to become an artist who makes it to keep doing positive music that uplifts our women. That really made my day.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- Just to put out good music, keep climbing and to do music on the next level. Just letting everything come naturally.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- Bigger and better things every time! More singles, music videos, acoustic videos, poetry readings, and I also have some things in the works that’ll be really good for our youth as well.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- I am actually in the alpha stage of working on my debut album called ‘B.L.U.E LOUNGE VIBE’
Im very excited about that def gonna have some beautiful music on the LP. Until then I have a current single out now called ‘COFFEE BROWN’ produced by my good friend KREATEV out now on itunes.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- One of the best sites doing it for sure! Its ablessing to be apart of the movement!
Any last shout outs?
- I wanna give a shoutout to my team TRAK MONSTAZ!!!! Young Dizzy, Tessa Evans, Cal-E, Marquis and the whole team! Wanna also give a shout out to Kreatev, M.I.C, Sebass, King James, NiceWork Ice, My whole Triple D (dallas) Fam, and H-Town fam. My two beautiful children Taleah and Taylor Daddy loves you! Also to all the people who has a dream and is chasing it no matter how hard the road gets! Shoutout to FKNFAMOUS THANK YOU GUYS.
This article is sponsored by: