Fashion – Allegiance
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the fashion industry we’ve got an awesome streetwear brand from Chicago, Illinois by the name of Allegiance. Now relax as we get to know Allegiance a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Allegiance
City/State: Chicago, IL
Established date: May 2010
Price range for clothing: $15 – $60
Where to buy your clothing: product.allegianceskateboards.com
So tell us about your brand?
- Allegiance is an inspiring lifestyle brand focused on creativity, performance, extreme sports, community and Saving the World.
How did you come up with the name?
- I came up with name of Allegiance in a dream actually.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- Before launching the brand I was in school at Maryland Institute College of Art studying illustration. I started the whole thing the second to last week of school during finals, then continued to pull it together through the summer of 2010. Allegiance was originally just a small online store featuring about five skateboard decks. It was mainly focused on the skate community in Jackson, Wyoming. It wasn’t until the spring of 2011 that Allegiance became what it is today.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- It wasn’t until the summer of 2010 that I truly took it seriously and wanted to launch a legitimate brand. The whole process was a very big learning curve and a lot of work- I was doing it solely on my own while working on my artwork as well.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Allegiance is very light hearted. It is all about sparking people to be creative! We strive to inspire people to devote themselves to what they are passionate about no matter what that is and help Save the World while doing so. Our audience is extremely diverse- we try not to target anyone to be honest. Everyone has the capability of being creative or engaging in sports. You don’t have to be the best of the best to love doing what you do.
What influenced you to start this line?
- What influenced this starting of this line was the idea of bringing together a group of people from all walks of earth, with different levels of skill to be one community. A positive community that was going to influence the direction one could go. To combine musicians, artists, and athletes to help do good in the world through one community sounded like an amazing way to make a difference.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Allegiance is very different than a lot of brands out there. Mainly because we donate the majority of our profit to different organizations every month! We are one hundred percent community based, even down to the designs of our products. Anyone can submit to the social feeds, and even design products for the collection. Allegiance wouldn’t exist without the support and input from the community on a level beyond “liking” our Facebook page. We all promote each other and together Pledge Allegiance.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes absolutely. The main challenge is being a full time student and trying to run this whole thing by myself with very limited funding. It gets difficult to manage at times and very difficult to acquire funds to keep it running. But having a positive mindset is what it is all about!
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Making Allegiance fully community based has been very successful and made a huge difference. People love the idea that they can post their pictures on the site and see them within the community! Inviting community members to do the photography for the photo shoots to give them a chance to try out something new, and encouraging anyone to design a deck really started sparking interest. The most powerful thing has been making Allegiance a very welcoming brand to all age groups and types of people.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Big plans! Hopefully fully sponsoring gallery events, shows, skate jams. Work towards truly making a difference in the bigger picture as far as philanthropy goes. Fundraisers for organizations around the world. Just bringing together a really amazing positive community! Which we have already begun to do.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- I heard about FKN Famous through Jerry Rodrigo. After checking out what you are all about, it seemed right up the alley of what Allegiance is all about. Love it.
Any last shout outs?
- Thank for reaching out! Keep sharing the great stuff. Go out and pledge some Allegiance.
This article is sponsored by: