Fashion – Bad Bunch NYC
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the fashion industry we’ve got an awesome streetwear brand from New York by the name of Bad Bunch NYC. Now relax as we get to know Bad Bunch NYC a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Bad Bunch NYC
City/State: New York
Established date: 2008
Price range for clothing: $55 – $200
Where to buy your clothing: www.BadBunchNYC.com
So tell us about your brand?
- Creativity and Inspiration. Creativity and Inspiration reside on the horizon of each soul. Very few however, extend and fully grasp it. The founding minds behind Bad Bunch NYC live, love and linger on that horizon. Whether it is the chic of runway pieces, the edge of street wear or the dynamic colors of a SoHo gallery, inspiration is around us. We’ve packaged our creativity and inspiration for you. This is how we, Bad Bunch, see the World. How do you see the World?
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- We were all creating in our respected fields. We’re a collection of creative individuals. From graphic arts, web design, product branding. All creative avenues we have experience with.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- To reiterate on the point above, we’re all creative individuals. But the catalyst to us uniting our creative talents to launch a clothing line came when we realized our common aesthetic preference to design and presentation.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- First and foremost our line is quality. We produce quality products for our customers. We’re lead to believe quality isn’t limited to one genre. When you think of brands like Converse and Levi’s, they don’t exactly have one distinct genre. That is how we present ourselves, as quality products being able to intermingle with many genres.
What influenced you to start this line?
- Being fans of our arena first, we’re influenced by the creativity and presentation that came before us. The passion shown by previous brands throughout their work. At Bad Bunch NYC we’re all fans of what we do, it’s truly the best way to create in any field. Without that passion your work will be lackluster and it’ll show right through. So yea, we’re influenced by the process of creation that came before. For example, the release of Staple’s SB dunks, or the moment Crooks took over Karmaloop’s home page. If you missed those, you missed some dope inspirational moments.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- In essence all brands are the same, from the homegrown brands to the fashion houses like Comme Des Garcons. We’re all making products for people to enjoy. The difference begins when passions gets involved. It’s easy to identify when a brand is passionate about what they do. The brand that takes the extra few weeks to source the best material for their products. The brand that revises their graphics a few times or place the extra detail into their packaging. That’s what differs us from other brands out there, our passion for what we do.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- We’ve come to realize there will always be another challenge. As much as you plan, something new always presents itself. That’s actually the biggest challenge, being able to react quickly to compensate for the things you didn’t plan for.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Definitely working with recording artists. Fashion and music always seem well intertwined with each other. We usually sponsor a few artists each season, or have promotions alongside them. Online ad campaigns are really successful for us also. We recently ran ad campaigns on a few fashion/lifestyle sites, most notably HypeBeast.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- We have a few near goals, mainly to expand our range of products. We’ll be adding denim, outwear and a wider choice of accessories.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- One of our members from the creative department is an avid reader. Being fans of fashion first, we’re always on fashion blogs / sites.
Any last shout outs?
- Our customers and supporters. We’d be only dreams without them.
This article is sponsored by: