Fashion – Raw Legends Co
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the fashion industry we’ve got an awesome streetwear brand from Gilroy, California by the name of Raw Legends Co. Now relax as we get to know Raw Legends Co a little more and how they started out in the industry.
Clothing line name: Raw Legends Co
City/State: Gilroy, CA
Established date: October 2011
Price range for clothing: $$
Where to buy your clothing: www.rawlegends.com
So tell us about your brand?
- We are an urban lifestyle brand that came out of a small town in California but we strive to be seen all over the world and let the world become a legend themselves while wearing the brand.
How did you come up with the name?
- I was actually in the shower… I know that’s FKN random but, true story. Well, my girl friend was giving me a blow job and thought damn I feel like a Raw ASS Legend, excuse my honesty but, hey you asked!
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- I was working a full time job at a distribution center in town, which isn’t really my cup of tea. I was in and out of school just trying to figure out what I really wanted to do for the rest of my life. I thought I should start a clothing line since I am in love with art and clothes. I figured starting my own brand would be the best option for me to enjoy exactly what I have strong interest in.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- I thought of the idea back in 2010 and kept talking about starting a line but never had that urge too get it done. One day I just said fuck it, let’s do it. I did. I got everything together, as well as a getting a small team by July 2011.
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- Very Raw and ready to wear for any occasion. URBAN. PROLIFIC. UNDEFINED. We strive to target a wide range of people that have the same common interests I have. I’ve seen so many unlike individuals wear the collections with their own twist.
What influenced you to start this line?
- Well, there are a lot of brands that I look up to and they help motivate me to do better. A large inspiration is Diamond Supply Co., not only because he came from the area I am from but, he’s doing big things and I WOULD LOVE TO REACH THOSE GOALS! Other brand influences are Pink Dolphin, Play Cloths, Adapt, Fully Laced, NDK, Jetlag, Crooks n Castles, etc. you get the idea.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- It is different because not only do I wear a lot of different types of brands (other than my own) but, my team see fashion from different perspectives. This allows us to collaborate contrasting ideas for the brand.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes! Of course I can not say there is not. We are still in the beginning stages of evolving our brand and trying to get the name recognized and seen. We are amazed at the support we have being such an unfamiliar brand.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- We are in an age where everything is now done online, so social networks like; Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. We just made a tumblr as well.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- Yes, no doubt. We are always trying to expand and would like to be featured on more websites, attend more festivals, and some day open up our own shop.
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Well the great thing is that you guys came to us… so that’s always a plus!
Any last shout outs?
- I would definitely like to shout out my brother Sebastian who is my manager. He has been a tremendous help with helping me through this process and is a large supporter. My team and designers have been great. As well as our friends in LEADERS; thanks for wearing our gear world wide while on tour, and finally TRENDZ and TMAC for performing at our events.
This article is sponsored by: