Fashion – Yo! Louis
We love bringing you some of the most dope brands & stores around the world. Holding things down in the fashion industry we’ve got an awesome streetwear brand from Gresham, Oregon by the name of Yo! Louis. Now relax as we get to know Yo! Louis a little more and how they started out in the industry. Also get a closer look at some of their latest apparel! This is a brand you don’t want to miss out on!
Clothing line name: Yo! Louis
City/State: Gresham, Oregon
Established date: 2009
Price range for clothing: $25 – $50
So tell us about your brand?
- YO! LOUIS™ was founded by six personalities in 2009. YO! LOUIS™ is not just a brand in the street subculture fashion industry, but rather a company within the local community. Were a company that today makes clothes, but in the future will represent product lines in other areas. We create “street fashion”, a fashion with its roots in a subculture that sets its own rules and follows its own trends.
How did you come up with the name?
- Well the name yo louis means get money take money in cambodian, and since we’re all trying to succeed it just made sense to stick with the name.
What were you doing before launching your brand?
- We were in college.
When did you begin thinking about launching your own clothing brand?
- Around 2008
What best describes your line & who is it targeted to?
- What best describes our brand is that we are “Intergalactic Innovators”. And the people we target to are the people who want dope, fresh, and unique high quality clothing.
What influenced you to start this line?
- We were tired of wearing the same things that everybody else was wearing, we wanted something different and that represented us.
How is your brand different from others out there?
- Our brand is different because alot of our designs and ideas comes from our cultural backgrounds. The area and lifestyle we grew up in also has alot of influence in our designs.
Are there any challenges you run into while running a business?
- Yes, there are alot of challenges. But the hardest challenge is getting our brand name out there and making Yo! Louis known. Cause it doesnt matter how dope your designs are, if nobody knows about your brand your not going to get anywhere.
What ways did you find promoting your brand worked?
- Word of mouth has worked the best so far.
Are there any future plans for your line?
- A cut and sew line in the future, hopefully by 2013
How did you hear about FKN Famous & what do you think of us?
- Looking at fashion blogs on the web and came across FKN FAMOUS, your site is nice. I would say its better then hypebeast, you guys have less clutter and get straight to the point unlike hypebeast.
Any last shout outs?
- Thanks Saveun for all the support!!!!
This article is sponsored by: