FKN Exclusive – Formal Warning
We always love to introduce you to some very talented individuals. Today we have a very talented group from Leicester, England by the name of Formal Warning! Check out this FKN Exclusive with Formal Warning and see how they started out in the industry! Also watch one of their latest music videos!!
Group Name: Formal Warning
City/State: Leicester, England (UK)
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
- We are Formal Warning. A 5-piece pop/rock band mixing with a bit of an alternative sound. Living in the streets of Braunstone Leicester where two amazing families joined together to make Formal Warning.
What inspired you to start singing?
- Well since we were very young we have always been huge fans of many types of artist ranging from The Beatles to blink 182 We used to play around on our streets doing what all kids in England do which is playing football. We were told by the local police that if we continue annoying residents of our street and sort our lives out we would get a Formal Warning, which is how our band name came about.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
- Almost everything you do in the music industry is a challenge. Whether its radio interviews, writing new music, playing live shows it all proves to be very challenging because of the vast amount of artist that in competition to better themselves and prove what they can provide for the industry, as long as you keep it fun it doesn’t seem to be challenging but something you enjoy.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
- With the internet taking over the world a clever way to promote your music is through the social networking sites such as Facebook and twitter. They make it very easy to promote new music demos and new photo shoots, interviews and anything that the band is currently doing.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
- We have so many amazing memories whilst being a band. One in particular is when we toured parts of Europe. We played shows I a small town in Belgium where we now tend to visit as often as we can. We have an amazing fan base over there and they truly adore and appreciate Formal Warning. W have had fans screaming and shouting our names individually and even had girls crying over signed t-shirts. They are things you will never ever forget. Making people happy.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
- I think our ultimate goal is to be playing an arena tour. We understand that it would be every artist dream but it’s all about how passionate and dedicated you are to make a dream like that happen and we believe we have what it take to do that.
What can we expect from you in the future?
- The future that lies ahead of Formal Warning is very promising at the minute with new music being released; we are getting a lot of attention from major companies in the UK such as the BBC which is a major route for bands to be taking and its where a lot of our major artists are coming from at the minute so things are very promising.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
- Well we have not long released our debut album “out of our minds, into your ears” which is available for order on www.formalwarning.bigcartel.com and also available on iTunes. But we are currently recording demos for our 2013 album, which is sounding massive, and more will be leaked very soon for it.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
- After meeting you guys on twitter we have been keen followers and very often check out the FKN website and its so refreshing to see them interested in so many things. And the models are Amazing
Any last shout outs?
- Eeeerrrmmm we have an awful lot but we will keep them short and sweet for now haha. A massive shout out to BBC The Beat for playing our songs to thousands, Erm Callum Harrold photography for amazing artwork and photo shoots, another one for Percy cute t shirts for sponsoring for our merch and designer shorts for the band. Oh and our local guitar shop Intasound for helping us progress with our instruments and music gear.
This article is sponsored by: