FKN Exclusive – Ana Lou
Every week we love to introduce you to some new talented individuals. Well today to we’ve got a talented singer/songwriter from Los Angeles, California by the name of Ana Lou. Check out this FKN Exclusive with Ana Lou and see how she started out in the industry. Also listen to one of her latest songs!
Tell us a little bit about yourself / What inspired you to start singing ? :
– The beautiful girl with the golden grin was born on August 8, 1994 in Los Angeles, California. The effervescent miracle child had one dream and this to become one of the greats. When she was very young, Ana Lou was a very sick child. The doctor told her mother she was never going to make it and that she wouldn’t have the strength to accomplish “extraneous activities.” But those words never defined the Princess. She mustered through her illness and from within her soul, she became the star she was born to be.
A fresh new star on the rise, the beautiful Californian Girl is a throwback to 90’s pop stars, Aaliyah and TLC, whose urban flavored songs dominated the charts. Ana Lou’s fresh face and exuberance is a break from the present day mournful stars that hide behind the veil of yestyear’s tragic figures.
Influenced by the greats Whitney Houston and Aaliyah, Ana Lou learns from the sad ends to never take life for granted because it can be taken away as quickly as it was given. What the electric star child takes away from these luminaries is the inner strength and confidence that shines through when you see the women come alive when they performed. Ana Lou admires their class and poise and closely emulates their cautionary stories in order to leave behind a blaze of glory of her own without alienating the loyalty of those before her.
When she is on stage or on-screen, her eyes light up with the very twinkle and shine the rushes through her veins. She is approachable and yet impregnable. The girl next door shoots in the sky like Haley’s Comet, a phenomenon only seen once in a lifetime. Time will tell what the next five years will be for her. As long as she is alive and blood runs through her veins, she has the world in the palm of her hands.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry ?
– As a artist let alone a young female , you will have face many adversities in the industry. Sometimes their may be a double standard when it comes to females involved in entertainment. Personally it makes me stronger and makes me want to work harder . Yes their have been struggles geared towards my sexuality, but in the end it has taught me to never take no as an answer.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself :
– In my opinion the best way to interact with fans is live in person . Performing and engaging with a crowd up close and personal. This past year I have performed at over 50 clubs in the hollywood district as well over 80 schools in Los Angeles County. Not only was it a good learning experience as a performer but it really helped me create a fan base in the streets .
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
– My most memorable moment while singing was when I performed at a San Pedro High School and I hopped off stage to engage with the crowd . I began singing to the this young man and he was impressed he actually passed out in the auditorium . I guess you can say that was most humorous moment while singing as well .
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
-I plan to not only one day win a grammy but also to win an oscar , since acting is a big part of my life as well .
As side from entertainment I would like to give back to Children’s Hospital in a major way ; they saved my life when I was very sick. I just hope one day I can make a big contribution or service to repay them for what they’ve done for me .
What can we expect from you in the future?
– This summer I will be releasing my debut EP ” 0.1″ . This title symbolizes where I am not right now in my life. I began pursuing my solo career about a year ago . Not exactly sure what route to take or how to express myself . Seriously starting from the bottom independently and working my way up . I know I have a lot more growing to do as an artist, but at this point I feel like Im getting warmer . I have wrote over 200 songs and recorded over 40 ; every time feeling closer and closer to really understanding who I am as an artist. When I first began making music , I was at “0” ; now I have transitioned to “1”.
What do you think of FKN Famous ?
– I think FKN Famous is really chaining the culture of music . Simply because not only does the site post whats hot now , but whats upcoming and will be hot in the future. I surfed through the site throughly and noticed “FKN Famous” is really on point with their indie game. As a major blog its imperative to do research and find out what happening NEXT. “FKN Famous” does an amazing job at doing that , lol more blogs should be like “FKN Famous”.
Any last shout outs?
– I’d like to shout out “FKN Famous” more giving me the opportunity to be featured on their site . It really is an amazing opportunity , and I appreciate it . Also I’d like to give a shout out the man upstairs “God” for putting me here and allowing me to pursue my dreams. Last but not least I’d like to shout my mom & Grandmom who have always been my biggest fans supporting me from Day one.
This article is sponsored by: