FKN Exclusive – DREAMERS
Every week we love to introduce you to some new talented individuals. Well today to we’ve got a talented band from Brooklyn, New York by the name of DREAMERS. Check out this FKN Exclusive with DREAMERS and see how they started out in the industry. Also listen to one of their latest songs!
Group Name: DREAMERS
City/State: Brooklyn, New York
Tell us a bit about yourself:
– DREAMERS was formed in an endless nothingness. Random formations of debris and electricity gathered like river trash, until one day, there it was. It can’t be explained using science or astrology, but when you see it, you know. More specifically, we are a 3 piece band in Brooklyn, NY that evolved from our previous incarnation, Motive. We just put the finishing touches on our debut album and we’re excited to be here.
What inspired you to start singing?:
– We had an innate desire to make noise, to cry out into the void and acknowledge that we are here. Our drummer Chris starting singing while driving in his car in our home town of Seattle. He would make up harmonies for whatever was playing on the stereo. Nick sang before he talked. Though the words didn’t make sense, the melodies did. There was never a question in his mind, he had to sing, to sing he had.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?:
– The music industry is a bizarre and spooky place, but there’s no challenge that can’t be overcome if you can overcome the challenges of doubt and fear in yourself. The rest is wide open in the Internet age. Do anything you can to shine out through the sea of singers and bands. We don’t get hung up on the ever changing industry or climate, we just do what we love, try to transmit the best music we can possibly make, and hope it effects people the way it effects us.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
– Music videos. We love visual art, and combining visuals with our music. It’s a big part of how we think of our music, visually, light and colors. It’s also the best way to be introduced to a new artist. Our first couple Motive videos found their way onto MTV2’s 120 Minutes and charted on MTV.com above Justin Bieber, which was a milestone for us at the time- especially being an independent band. We’ll be releasing 10 videos to go along with our entire new album, ‘This Album Does Not Exist’. We’re very involved in the process from producing to conceptualizing to animation, we love it all.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
– One of most memorable moments for us was our first time playing in Chicago. It was the first time we saw a new audience who already knew the words to our songs, and were singing along. Anytime we can connect with people like that it is memorable. Live music is all about coming together and transcending.
Are there any goals you would like to achieve?
– We’d like to transcend normal reality, shake the walls down off of distraction, boredom and general basic-ness, float out of our bodies, leave our egos behind and explode into another dimension. The rest will take shape from there- bigger audiences of DREAMERS, more connecting with people, etc. A big goal has been to tour Europe and other foreign nations. Soon come. Nelson, our bassist, says, ‘I just want people to give me free shit’.
What can we expect from you in the future?
– More chart toppers and heart stoppers. Keep your eyes and ears out for new videos and songs every couple weeks. We’ll be touring in the fall and putting the final pieces together on our dream machine. You can also disappear into a surreal void on our new site, dreamersuniverse.com.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
– Our first full length album ‘This Album Does Not Exist’ will be released on November 18th.
What do think of Fkn’ Famous?
– We think you are rad, cool , swell, awesome, sexy, and generally alright! Seriously though, great mag. We hope one day we can be hotties of the week.
Any last shout outs?
– We must shout out Ravensworth studios in the forests of Charlottesville, where we recorded the bulk of our album. It was the best possible site for the creation of this thing. Also to Danny Kalb, who produced, engineered and mixed our album, Connor Hanwick for his production on a couple tunes and all of the other DREAMERS who made this possible- Ari our MNGR, Jake our AGNT, Lily/Anna, and soooooo on. And to you, Fkn’ Famous. Have a good one.
This article is sponsored by: