FKN Exclusive – Grant Shapiro
Every week we love to introduce you to some new talented individuals. Well today to we’ve got a talented DJ from Los Angeles, California by the name of Grant Shapiro. Check out this FKN Exclusive with Grant Shapiro and see how he started out in the industry. Also listen to one of their latest songs!
So tell us a little bit about yourself.
– I’m grateful to inspire and to be inspired. I like the outdoors. I make my bed at hotel rooms and love nostalgia. I first emulated a DJ scratch by rubbing a mic on my case logic cd binder
What inspired you to become a DJ?
– Hearing scratching in Hip Hop inspired me get to Equipment. Seeing DJ AM showed me the skills I needed to play in a night club. After controlling my first crowd I was hooked and never looked back.
About how long have you been DJing for?
How did you come up with your DJ name?
– Early on I didn’t have a stage name, So i just kept my name, it seemed to stick with people. It’s a Jewish name. I like it.
Who are some of the DJs you look up to in the industry?
– On an off night I’ll check out Devin Lucien. DJ’ing With Graham Funkie is always a blast. SoulWax, Dimitri From Paris, DJ Shadow, And A-Trak showed me how DJ’s evolve into Artist, cheers to them.
Which would you prefer: Serato or Vinyl/CDJ and why?
– Vinyl + Serato. They feel most comfortable for me. CDJS at festivals are reliable and the new wave, so it depends on the occasion.
What would you say are some of the challenges being a DJ?
– Being current and staying true to yourself are challenges. The hard work and uncertainty we face is exciting and makes it fun. Being current with the ever evolving trends, enduring the schedules, being complacent with songs people expect to hear are all major challenges as well.
Are there any goals you would like to set in life?
– Absolutely! I’ve already set them. Self care and contribution really mean the world to me.
Are there any upcoming projects you have lined up for us to look forward to?
– YES – Putting out Remix’s, Using live musician’s. Sweet Life Festival. Some collaborations with Bobby Nourmand.
Any last words to your supporters and future fans?
– Enjoy the process, never give up, and don’t forget to smile.
This article is sponsored by: