FKN Exclusive – Michael Persall
Every week we love to introduce you to some new talented individuals. Well today to we’ve got a talented singer/songwriter from New York by the name of Michael Persall. Check out this FKN Exclusive with Michael Persall and see how he started out in the industry. Also listen to one of his latest songs!
Artist Name: Michael Persall
So tell us a little bit about yourself?
– I’m from Carmel, California, but I’ve been living in New York the past few years going to school at NYU. Love basketball and football, I play/watch whenever I have time. My go-to fun facts are that I’ve been to over forty countries and I lived in a Bed and Breakfast in high school.
What inspired you to start singing?
– I always loved to sing, poorly at first, but I started writing my own stuff in high school and took it seriously as a career path right before college. My mom is the one that gave me the push and kind of made me realize I should pursue it.
Were there any hard challenges you had to face in the industry?
– Biggest challenge is staying true to yourself because everyone has an opinion for what your music should sound like and what the image should be but it’s best to just let things happen naturally rather than force something I think.
What ways have you found was the best way to promote yourself?
– Social media has been helpful just because you can reach so many people, but also just playing out a lot and networking with other artists has been really effective.
What would be your most memorable moment while singing?
– Hmm that’s a tough one. I think the most memorable moment for me is kind of funny actually. It was a couple years ago and I was playing at this place in New York on the lower east side and it was just me and my acoustic guitar singing love songs and the entire crowd was there to see this hardcore punk band after me so it was basically just a bunch of Hells Angels and super edgy people watching me.
Are there any goals that you would like to achieve?
– Many goals, but the main goal I’m working on right now is to play at least 300 gigs in 2015.
What can we expect from you in the future?
– Lots of music and lots of shows. Some live in-studio stuff on my YouTube channel within the next couple months too.
Are there any upcoming albums you are releasing?
– I’m working on my next EP that will be out in the spring or summer probably.
What do you think of FKN Famous?
– I think it’s FKN Awesome.
Any last shout outs?
– I’ll give Taylor Swift a shout out, she’s probably expecting it. I’ll dish one out to the parents too.
This article is sponsored by: